Chapter 3

Author's Note: We'll be seeing the 104th very soon, so just hang tight. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Y/N's POV

Hear me, all Subjects of Ymir.

My name is Eren Yeager.

I now speak to all the Subjects of Ymir by the way of the Founding Titan's power.

Every wall on the Island of Paradis has been unhardened.

All of the titans buried within them have begun to walk.

My goal... is to protect the people of Paradis, who bore, and raised me.

But the world desires the extinction of the people of Paradis.

Over countless years, their hatred has grown beyond this island.

They won't stop until they've killed every one of the Subjects of Ymir!

I reject their desire.

The titans of the walls will trample and rumble all the lands beyond this island.

Until the lives there... ARE ELIMINATED FROM THIS WORLD!

I shot up screaming and gasping for breath, trying to remember the dream-no, nightmare I just had, but I couldn't remember the details.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" A voice asks. It takes me a second before I take in my surroundings. I'm lying under a tree just outside of Shiganshina with Mikasa looming over me. Once I regained my bearings, I began to speak. "I'm fine Mikasa, I just had a nightmare." Mikasa seemed to calm down but still seemed a bit on edge.  

"What are we doing out here Mikasa?" I ask her. It seems I can't remember much today. "Was your nightmare so bad that you can't remember?" She asks. "What was it about?" Mikasa finally releases me, allowing me to breathe a little easier.

"I... I don't remember. But I'm sure it was nothing." I tell her. Mikasa picks up two packs filled with sticks and hands me one while putting on the other one.

"Come on. Mrs. Yeager is waiting for us at home." Mikasa tells me. I nod in response before joining her on the walk back.

It's been about two weeks since I've talked with Dr. Yeager about our plans to steal the Founding Titan. We both know about the vow to renounce war that doesn't allow the Royal Family to access the full power of the Founder and that we'll be killing them anyway but for the plan to work we'll need to play ignorant.

Dr. Yeager told me that his time was almost up, and how he planned to give the Founding and the Attack Titan to Eren. Knowing this, I've encouraged Mrs. Yeager, Eren, and Mikasa to spend more time with him, much to their confusion. However, nobody talked about my sudden interest in spending more time with Dr. Yeager.

Before I left Marley, Commander Magath told me that Wall Maria will fall almost exactly one year after I arrive, and if I've kept track correctly, The Warriors will be breaking through the Wall sometime this week. Dr. Yeager told me we'd be leaving today, and when I tried to question him, all he told me was to trust him, so I did.

I didn't even notice we entered Shiganshina until the bells started ringing. 'The Scouts are back.' I thought. I made eye contact with Mikasa but before either of us could get a word out Eren came running from an alleyway ahead of us and we turned our attention towards him.

"Y/N! Mikasa! The Survey Corps is back! Come on, we need to go see them!" Eren shouts at us. He still hasn't given up on his dream about joining the Scouts. But to be honest, neither have I. I realized that not only does it seem noble to become a soldier, but joining the Cadet Corps is my best choice for reuniting with Bertholdt, Reiner, Marcel, and Annie. Once Eren reaches us, he grabs both Mikasa and me by our arms and starts dragging us to the main road.