Prepare for what's next

'Be a game changer.

The world

is already full of players.'
🌷

Tick tick tick

The ceiling started back at her as she counted along with the ticking of the clock.

165, 166, 167, 177? 

"Oof!" She groaned and threw her hands in the air. Running her fingers through the dark locks, she sighed. A red blue later, Tikki was in front of her. 

Cherry as always, Tikki said in a high pitched voice, "you made a new record Marinette!"

She hummed. Looking towards the window, she tilted her head. It was already dark. Comparing her crushes, she came to one conclusion….. 

I'm sure of it. I'm GOING CRAZY AND ACTUALLY CAUGHT SOME MULTI-CRUSH DISEASE WHICH IS MAKING ME HORNY!

Tikki turned on the lamp near her bed while she was dreaming with her eyes open. She turned to the little goddess. 

"You want to tell me something?" Her eyebrows found their way to her forehead.

To her surprise, (not) Tikki giggled, "Think about it, Are you forgetting something Marinette?"

Her face formed a frown in confusion. "Me? I'm not forgetting anything…"

"Oh Marinette! The meeting…." Tikki left the words hanging in the air as if sure that she'll catch what she wants to say.

Realisation dawned on her face as she left out a colourful string of curses. "I HAVE TO MEET WITH THE BATMAN TODAY! HOW CAN I COMPARE RED HOOD TO TIM AND DAMIAN AND AT THE SAME TIME FORGET ABOUT THE MEETING?" 

She jolted out of the bed and paced violently, "What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? I was so wrapped up with Damian that I didn't even think what I am going to say? They are gonna hate me! They will kick me out of the city! I-" 

Tikki stopped Marinette before she could dig a hole in the floor and sir there all night.

"You are a natural leader Marinette. You already know what you want to say. All your answers are here-" Tikki touched Marinette's heart with her little paw. "-you just need to believe in yourself. Tell me Marinette, will you believe in yourself?"

Marinette looked straight into the big blue eyes and saw trust and love. They both had gone through so much together. Sometimes she thinks this is all a dream. She is actually in a coma and one day she will wake up and everything will go back to the way it always was. Chloe will try everything in her power to bring her down. There will be no Adrien there. She will Just be there helping her parents. No Lila, no Alya, Mylene- 

She mentally shook herself. Tikki holds so much trust in her. She believes in her and loves her. And what does she do? She whines about unnecessary things, while deep down she knows everything is going to be alright. 

A determined look passes her eyes. "You're right. It's going to be alright. I faced him once and I can face him again." Tikki zoomed and hugged her cheek. 

She said up and stretched until she heard cracks. Satisfied, she looked at her kwami.

"What's the time?"

"9:55" 

"Ready?"

She got her answer in the form of a tiny nod. Opening the windows, she stood there a few minutes, a deep breath. The pollution entered her nose along with some fog. But it did nothing to break her determination. Voice as soft as a whistle of the air, she whispered, "Tikki spots on."

The transformation started as Tikki was sucked into her earrings. Warmth spread throughout her. Warmth, home. The suit covered her abdomen and enjoyed the feeling of safety it provided. The warm feeling spread from the bridge of the nose to her cheekbones and the light slowly faced leaving her in the familiar red outfit with spots. Testing her yoyo a few times she left out a deep breathe and a smirk spread on her face.

"Gotham here I come."

With that she let her yoyo wrap on the building in front of her and zoomed into the sky of the city.