𝘰𝘯𝘦, Brave New World

Ratty Matty Blue

Shooting up with a sharp inhale, Claire found herself in a hospital which confused her to no extent. She fell off a balcony on the 7th floor, now she's no scientist, but that is not possible to survive. Adding to that, she felt no pain.

Wasting no time, she swung her legs over the side of the bed but paused. She felt different, her body looked different, too. Shrugging it off as a side-effect, she shakily stood up, keeping herself upright, she ventured towards the bathroom that was connected to her hospital room. A weird feeling was keeping her alert as her height was much different.

Lazily lifting her head to gaze at herself in the mirror was something that you'd be shocked by or surprising but to lift your eye line to stare at yourself only to see one of your favourite actresses staring back at you is something else. She was speechless. Claire couldn't help but stare at herself, I mean, who wouldn't when looking like that? 

Snapping out of her daze, it caught up to her that she was, in fact, staring at herself not Candice or Caroline but herself. Now that she thought about it, the room looked quite similar. She stepped out of the bathroom to find a nurse now outside the room. A nurser who she recognised, Caroline's first try at compulsion. Taking into account that her senses are now more heightened than usual, it clicked that Katherine had just killed Caroline, or her? She didn't quite understand yet but she had a good guess. Besides, what fan doesn't read fanfiction?

Deciding to play it safe just in case, maybe she was in a coma and this is what she dreamt about. She just wouldn't feel pain, right? She remembers pretty much everything anyway, she was obsessed with the show, it was something that was her escape from reality.

"Excuse me?" Claire asked, wanting to check that she is, in fact, right, "Where is everyone?"

"It's the middle of the night, honey," The unnamed Nurse informed her. 

"It is?" She was slightly surprised, either she was going to be killed whilst here or she is already in transition, "Oh, uh... have you seen my mom?" 

"She left after dinner with your boyfriend and then your friend Elena stopped by," The nurse said. 

"Yeah, she did..." She trailed off, deciding to not mention the Katherine thing, however, she had an extreme hunger, "Can I just get something to eat?" 

"Breakfast comes around seven," The nurse, who she decided to name Karen for convenience sake, denied her request. 

"But I'm hungry," She whined, wanting to get rid of this ache she felt. 

"You should go back to sleep," She said sternly. Claire, or Caroline, starts to walk towards the room but then she stops. 

"What is that smell?" She had a faint idea but you can't just announce that you smell blood, now can you?