XII

"Not a patch on the Ravenclaw common room." Ingrid muttered to herself as Sirius pushed open the portrait door and allowed Ingrid and Dorcas to make their way inside.
Dorcas snickered quietly, "Just wait till Ravenclaw beat Hufflepuff in the next match; then you'll see a real party."

Truthfully, Ingrid Temple was not particularly one for parties. The loud noises and boisterous people and conversation that, frankly, she didn't care for. Not that she'd ever found herself being invited to a lot of parties before.

The two girls stepped into the centre of the room, where loud music was playing and bunting had been hung up around all of the walls. The Gryffindor common room was a lot cosier than the Ravenclaw one, but also a fair bit smaller. That much was made very apparent to the two girls very quickly as they had to force their way throughly the densely packed crowd, like sardines in a tin.

"I hate this already." Ingrid hissed in Dorcas' ear as they followed Sirius through the room, "I hate this so much."

Dorcas half-turned back to the girl and winked at her, before holding out her hand for Ingrid to grab onto. "You'll get lost, otherwise." She pointed out.
"Are you trying to make me mad?" Ingrid bitterly remarked as she grasped Dorcas' hand and allowed herself to be guided through the rabble.

Soon, though, the two girls found themselves tucked away in the far corner of the Gryffindor common room, where most of the chairs had been gathered in a circle that was occupied by the Gryffindor boys. Clearly they'd arranged the seating for themselves - determined not to be forced to stand up in the uncomfortable crowd like everyone else.
Ingrid sat down in the only remaining spare chair in the circle, with Dorcas on one side and Sirius on the other.

"She's not here yet." James complained as he straightened out his glasses and stretched his long legs out in front of him.
Sirius paused in thought, but before he could question it, Peter asked, "Who's not here?"
"Evans."

"Oh!" Sirius exclaimed as he raised a hand to rub the bridge of his nose, "What is with the sudden obsession with Evans?"
Remus tutted and folded his arms, "I believe it's called being a teenage boy."

Sirius tutted, "Girls are one thing, but... Evans? Really?"

"Lily is perfectly pretty and lovely." Dorcas interjected with a frown etched across her features.
Ingrid then quipped, "Clearly he's just jealous because she's out of his league." Earning a laugh from Dorcas and Remus.

This caused the raven-haired boy to gasp and slap a hand over his heart as he feigned, "Oh, the lies! That's low, Temple, real low."

"Well..." James spoke up, and chuckled, "I think she's right, there, mate."

Before Sirius could argue further, the group was interrupted by the arrival of Marlene McKinnon. At the point, the party was very much alive as loud music courses through the old walls of the common room.
"Hey guys," Marlene waved, "Got room for one more?"
Sirius stood up, "Sure; I was just leaving."

"Oh come on!" James exclaimed, "We'll stop annoying you if you stay."
Then Lily appeared.
"Who are you annoying, Potter?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.
James immediately rose to his feet, "Anybody but you." He tilted his head to the side and smiled sweetly, "Sirius, you can go now."

Sirius turned back to James and pointed his finger, "You are so dead." Before finally leaving his seat.

"I'll come." Remus now rose to his feet, "I could do with a drink."
Marlene then exclaimed, as she followed after them, "Oh, me too!"

Turning back to the group sat down, Ingrid folded her arms and watched with mild amusement as Lily Evans sat down beside her and opposite James - despite him gesturing to the empty seat beside him.