Chapter 9

It was Friday and I wasn’t feeling well. After my episode of madness on Tuesday night, I just couldn’t sleep. I simply couldn’t. I wanted to but I was too scared that I might have another weird dream that would make me start seeing things again, like the beautiful man with the golden amber eyes.

Aunt suggested I see a psychologist after telling her everything I’ve been seeing in my dreams.

I groaned silently as Jace and I walked through the halls to our next class. My neck down to my spine felt so stiff. My limbs were heavy and my spirit was so weak. The tightening in my chest never stopped after seeing that man in the garden. It hurt so much almost like I was suffocating. Okay, that was an exaggeration, but my heart did hurt, a lot.

“Hey, you okay?” Jace asked worriedly glancing at me. I didn’t even need to think about my answer. I felt like a fucking zombie with a heart ache.

“No” I stated, groaning loudly gaining some attention. At that moment, I really couldn’t care less about drawing attention. I was just waiting to die, so I could rest in peace. Literally.

“Hey-hey. The class is over” I heard a distant voice say. I jolted awake. I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep. My brain was so foggy from lack of sleep. Jace had practically dragged me out of the class and into his car cause I certainly couldn’t walk home.

I sighed in the car, already feeling my eyes close.       

Best friends, what would we do without them.