Chapter Seven ~ And Rise, Through the night

And Rise, Through the nightSeptember 9th and 10th 2020"He thinks you're cute

September 9th and 10th 2020
"He thinks you're cute."

~

Erica took in the smell of the refrigerator before her. Sniffing and closing her eyes to hold it there. Got she wished she could eat. She looked away from the inside of the fridge when Julie walked downstairs, the Molina girl letting out a yell.

The loving girl sighed, relaxing her body, "I'm never going to get used to that." She made her way over to Erica, looking into the fridge from over her shoulder, "Do you guys even eat?"

She shook her head no, licking her lips, "I just wanna see what you got." Julie closed the door of the fridge, the metal passing through Erica's body. "Hey! Do you know how long it took me to open that?"

"Sorry, I don't believe in wasting power." Julie spoke pulling bread out of a bag.

Erica smiled, "Good." She tipped her head side to side, walking past Julie and jumping onto the counter. Julier sent her a look, "Sorry. I like to feel tall. But wasting power is exactly what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Our power usage? You wanna talk to me about our power uses?"

"No. That's your dad's problem. I mean the power you have. Your voice and piano skills. Dude, you're like a human wrecking ball."

Julie stifled a laugh, "Is this a pep talk?"

"Hmm. Kind of. What I'm saying is that you have a power in you Julie Molina. And I might have read the pen on the back of your closet door to find out your last name. Either way, you have the power to move people. Even dead people. Reggie got ghost bumps this morning."

"He was there too?!"

Erica shrugged, "Yeah all of us were. We left right before your friend showed up. But that's not the point. The point is you can knock people off their feet. And there is no way your teachers wouldn't let you back into school if they heard you playing like that."

Julie sighed, spreading the peanut butter around her bread, "I asked her. She said I have to wait until next semester."

"That was your first mistake. Asking. Sunset Curve book gigs by doing. So much so that I ruined three pairs of shoes at the pier after stepping in....." Erica cringed. "Well we don't need to discuss that. What I mean is we meant into ambush mode. We played in front of clubs. We played in back of clubs. This one time we even played a book club."

"A book club?"

"Like I said it was only one. But hey, they did have some pretty gnarly snacks. I'm just saying, Julie, someone as talented as you are doesn't need to ask permission. They need to take what they own." She swung her legs in the air, nearly hitting the kitchen island, "Swing that wrecking ball of talent at your teacher's head, and smash those stupid rules right outta their brains."