Looming Thunder

Chapter 3: Looming Thunder

It was around lunchtime and I had ordered some Chinese take-out for Cam and I. We could use some family bonding. As much as I'd like to share with Dad, I don't think it is allowed to eat this kind of food in his...Situation.

The others weren't around because Dustin was doing some motocross thing with Kelly. Shane is hanging out at the skate park and Tori is probably catching some waves.

Just as Cam was about to take the last pot-sticker, I stopped him with my chopsticks.

"Come on! You already ate like, 80 percent of the pot-stickers." Cam complained. I groaned knowing he was right and let go of the pot-sticker. I pouted as I watched him eat it as he smiled victoriously at me.

"So since we are here to bond, tell about yourself, little sis." Cam declared.

I winced at the nickname. " I'm not little. Um, my favorite food is french fries. My favorite candy is gummy bears. I love tropical punch Capri Suns. You already know what my favorite color and hobby is. Well, one of them." I confessed while mumbling the last part to myself. 

"Capri Sun?" Cam asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't judge me. I have the taste buds of a child." I reprimanded. "What about you, big bro?" I asked with a teasing smile.

"What about me?" "I want to know more about you. I haven't seen you since we were toddlers and I don't know much about you." I explained.

"Well, my favorite color is green. I'm really good with technology. My favorite food is the crab fried rice from this Thai restaurant called Bangkok Cuisine." He said.

"That sounds delicious, you have to take me there one day." I replied thinking about the dish. Cam laughed at my dazed look.

"What's your middle name?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow at the random question.

"Grace. It's a boring middle name. What about you?"

"Malachai. Pretty unique." (A.N. I don't know what Cam's middle name is. I made this up. Also, yes TVD.)

"Oh, I almost forgot." He reached behind himself to pull out a black training uniform but with violet stripes. I looked at it in awe as he handed it to me.

"You're gonna need this since we'll be training later today." He explained as he watched me examine the uniform. "These look great. Thanks Cam." I thanked him.

"Speaking of training, we're gonna test the Tsunami Cycles today. I haven't made you one yet since you came at an unexpected time. So you can probably watch the test run." He said while showing me the 3D model of the cycles on his computer screen.

"Nice. Well, I'm gonna go change."

~Time skip~

I watched as Tori and Shane rescued Dustin from almost getting trampled by Kelzaks while I stood next to Cam who had a proud smile on his face at the use of his creation.