Chapter 5 (Final)

"Does it still hurt?" Taeyong asked softly, gently caressing Daehyun's cheek.

Daehyun nodded, pressing his fingers to his temple. "Yes. This headache is not going away."

Taeyong's face fell, and he pressed his lips into a thin line. "Oh," he muttered, his gaze taking him far away. Taking his hand, Daehyun kissed his fingers.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to die this early again," he said. Taeyong blinked, and he could practically hear his heart skip a beat before reflecting on his face with a sombre smile.

"I'll bring some food. You didn't eat much for breakfast," Taeyong mused, pressing an innocent kiss upon Daehyun's lips before leaving the parlour, the door barely clicking behind him.

Daehyun sighed and leaned against the back, closing his eyes, with no headache to block his thoughts.

Taeyong coddled him and cared for him the more Daehyun feigned illness. Daehyun was surprisingly good at it, even using his cane again. The more Taeyong let his guard down, the better it was for him.

Seunghyeon's and Myungsuk's words were loud and clear in his mind. He needed answers.

Answers he knew were only outside.

But every time he looked at the shed, his stomach would twist, and his body went icy cold. Even for a few minutes, he'd feel sick to his stomach and dizzy. While he tried to build resistance, he knew eventually he'd have to suck it up and just go and see once and for all what was locked inside.

If only he didn't have another issue.

The door creaked open, and Daehyun sat up as Taeyong carried a tray in. He set it down on the table next to Daehyun soundlessly. He poured tea into a small cup, the steam slowly rising before disappearing. "I know you don't like tea. But it's chamomile."

Daehyun frowned as he took the cup. "I don't know how much flowers will help."

Laughing, Taeyong fondly shook his head and leaned down to press a kiss into Daehyun's hair. "Don't be like that," he said, pouring himself a cup. "The flowers work hard to keep us healthy," he said and sat on the loveseat next to Daehyun, taking a sip, his long eyelashes fluttering closed. "After this, I'll be in my office. Just for an hour or so. Is that okay?"

Daehyun nodded as he took a sip of his tea. Bitter. "What about your actual office? Don't they miss you?"

"Oh, they're fine," Taeyong insisted and rested his head on his shoulder. "I've got it under control."

"Yes, you do," Daehyun hummed and turned away, staring at the golden grills on the window. Taeyong hadn't left his side since the incident, and each moment compounded, suffocating him more and more.

---

Taeyong laid next to him, his bare shoulder peeking out from under the covers that slowly rose and fell with each breath. He slept so contently despite the thundering outside. The storm slamming against the window, shaking it to the point it may shatter.

What would Daehyun do if it did? The million tiny pieces scattered around the floor. Would he take one and hold it to Taeyong's throat and ask for answers? Would he wound him in the same place his fingers did?

Daehyun trailed Taeyong's hair back with his eyes. Not a single mark insight.

He laid back and sighed, running his hand over his face. Bruising him was bad enough, but permanently scarring him? His heart ached. He didn't want to hurt him. He only wanted answers.