Calebs Past

This is my past.

Today's my 16th birthday excited for my first shift. Dad has been training me since I was a pup.

"Dad when will I shift."

"I don't have time for this Caleb I am busy."

Dad has been different since mom died 10 years ago. He never told me the full story all I know is some she wolf killed her. Dad always tells me mates make you weak. There is no place for love in this world. I never listen I remember him and my mom always smiling loving towards one another.
I walk back to my tent did I forget to mention were rogues now. Dad took us out of the pack when I was only 11 and he started bringing in more rogues. They now call them king.
I don't understand why he is the way he is.
As I am walking through the woods I feel a horrible pain. Like I am being stabbed over and over. My bones start breaking, I feel like I cant breathe. I close my eyes and when I open them I stand up to be on all fours. My paws are white but the rest of me is black. I look in the small water whole we have and I see my ears are white to.

'We look cool don't we.'

'You must be my wolf nice to meet you.'

'The names shadow and it's a pleasure.'

I walk around a bit and shift back and walk back to my tent becoming very tired. And I let the darkness consume me.

Few months later father is training us harder than ever he kidnapped another seer were not allowed to speak to her.
I go to serve her the daily meal he allows her.
I usually give her a little extra I hate seeing people treated that way.
As I set her meal down. I had her a cup of water. As I turn to leave she catches my attention.

"The future is set. Your father is on a dangerous path. You will come with a choice but will you choose. Will you choose the words of a deranged man or what your heart desires most."

She had me intrigued. what did she mean?

"What does that mean miss? Please explain. I need to know."

"What are you doing? I said no one is to speak to her."

"Dad I'm sorry I was just I was..."

"Nothing you were defying my word. Guards take him to a cell."

They drug me away chained me up with silver chains. My father enters holding a whip laced with wolfbane. He laughs.

"When will you learn.  I'm going to teach you boy get your damn head out of the clouds."

He began beating me until I could no longer stand. He whipped me some more. I was close to death when he stopped. He looked me and grinned.

"Now you learned your lesson."

As he left me there caged, his own son with blood seeping out my back. I was in and out of consciousness and I knew before the darkness over came me. I knew that I would never be like him, I would never let his hate fill my my heart and turn as cold as his.

"You see Aribella it wasn't the first time he tried probably won't be his last either. Either way I stand by you father or not because I know know what that seer meant. It was him or you. At the end it will always be you."

She began to sob I hugged her for comfort.

"Caleb I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"Thats in the past my dear just know I would do it a thousand times if it meant I would meet you."

I walked her in to the room James and Jamie have given her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. I turned to walk away but she grabbed my hand.

"Caleb I am not ready to mate fully not yet."

"I will never force you Bella. I only want that moment when you are ready for that moment."

"Caleb can I ask you something?"

"Anything my love."

"Will you stay with me tonight I just want to be near you. I understand if you dont..."

I interrupted her knowing she was thinking I didn't want when I wanted nothing more.

"Of course Bella I can be a gentlemen and as long as I am near you I know you are safe I will be able to sleep."

We both took turns showering and getting ready for bed. As we lay there she curled up to my chest my wolf is at ease seeing her so peaceful.
I wrap my arms around her tight as I start to drift off to sleep I whisper.

"I love you Bella always remember I love you."

Darkness soon overcame us both.

What's next for Caleb and Bella will his dad still come for her.