❌ #19| Sleeping Beauty

Summary: Tim wakes up to a very special surprise. [1,733 words]

CW: consensual somnophilia

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the Broken!Verse masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 28 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

[...]

[...]

He got them both dried off and dressed, and set about making Tim some proper food.

"I love you," Tim said from his perch on the kitchen counter, swinging his legs a little.

"I love you too, baby."

"You take such good care of me."

Jason pressed a kiss to his damp hair. "I could never do anything else, baby. You went and stole my heart and got me wrapped right around your little finger before I even knew what was happening."

"Your heart is stolen goods?"

"Don't worry, baby, I'd freely give it a thousand times over. You just bamboozled me, making me fall in love and not even realize it until it was too late. You snuck in so quietly I didn't even know you were setting up shop until you were just a permanent fixture in my heart."

"That makes me sound like a ninja. A love ninja. Stealing hearts."

Jason laughed. "You are. More like a sneaky little love bandit, actually."

"I feel so powerful. I will use my powers exclusively for evil."

"Oh yeah? And what are you gonna make me do?"

"It's real sinister, I don't know if you even want to know. Shocking, really."

Jason laughed again. "Tell me, you little bandit."

"I'm gonna make you stick around for the rest of our lives. You gotta keep loving me. No choice."

Jason leaned over and kissed the side of his head again. "Mm, very evil. I have flexible morals though, so I think I can manage that one alright."

"Yeah? Forever?"

"Forever."

"Forever is a very long time."

"I know. And I wanna spend every second of it with you, baby."

There was a small silence, and Tim turned his face away.

Jason gently turned it back and wiped away the little tear tracks with his thumb.

"Sorry," Tim whispered.

"You don't have to apologize."

"I thought I wouldn't cry." He took a shaky breath. "Being loved so much is still...hard."

"I know, baby. But I love you to the end of the universe and back, and someday that's just gonna be another fact to you. You're gonna know it without question, and you're gonna know that you deserve it."

Tim's breath hitched, and he brought his hand up to wipe at his eyes. "Thank you. I love you. I love you so much, so much more than I even know how to express."

"I know, baby." Jason nuzzled against the side of his head before pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I know."

He stood there tending to the stove one-handed, squeezing Tim's hand tightly until his tears stopped, and he sniffled.

"Some of that better be for you. I'm hungry but I'm not eating all of that."

"Baby, you barely ate anything for four days, yes you are."

"I had—"

"Goldfish and coffee and energy drinks don't count. They count for negative points."

Tim pouted, and Jason turned off the burner and kissed him.

"I love you. Even though you make taking care of you very difficult sometimes."

Tim got a calculating look in his eyes, one that Jason only saw for a split second before Tim was kissing him back. A little too enthusiastically. And curling a leg around the back of his thigh.

"Oh no you don't, mister," Jason said, pulling back. "No sex diversions." He manually unwound Tim's leg from his and stepped over to another cupboard, pulling out a large plate and beginning to heap food onto it. "Eating now," he said sternly, pushing the plate at Tim.

Tim huffed and rolled his eyes, but hopped down from the counter and grabbed the plate, heading toward the table. "Love you too, you fucking mother hen."