Fluff

The next morning you walk into the main console room and find The Doctor already there, staring blankly at a screen and apparently very lost in thought.

You shuffle between your feet, and she looks up and smiles. You breathe out, fearing that she may have been holding a grudge against you for last night.

"Morning (Y/n)" she greets with a warm smile "did you get back to sleep?". Truthfully no, but you smile and nod. Then make a decision.

"Doctor I'm sorry... about last night... and what happened to your home." You say sincerely. Her smile falters and she sighs.

"Not to worry (Y/n), it was a long time ago now, besides I have my fam, you've become very special to me (Y/n)" she says a slight warning tone that eases into a soft smile "and Yaz of course..." she grins wider as Yaz enters and you can't help but giggle. They both look at you obliviously and you try to change the subject.

"So where are we going today?" You ask interestedly.

"Well I thought today we might follow a slightly distressing call from a neighbouring galaxy, if that's ok with you two?" She says already flicking switches and turning a dial.

You both agree eagerly and the usual chaos ensues as the Tardis spins towards your destination.

You land roughly as usual, you humans stumbling but The Doctor barely swaying, such was the impeccable balance and strength of her species.

A little hesitantly you follow the two outside onto soft dirt, sun warming your face. You smile, Yaz having a similar reaction, The Doctor already striding towards a large village in the far distance.

You hurry to catch up while embracing the two suns overhead, you humans either side of the Time Lord.

You walk in silence, taking in your surroundings and breathing the light air. As the sun begins to set you come across a gate, and realise the village was in fact not miles away, but actually completely in miniature- cosy little wooden huts with chimneys and stained glass windows, little stone paths and picket fences- all less than half the size of your human versions, and all just beyond this little wall and gate.

The iron gate opens at Yaz's' touch, swinging inwards revealing the sheer occupancy size of the village.

You follow The Doctor in, all three of you smiling and gazing comfortably at the dollhouse village until something from the left runs into The Doctor, knocking her to the ground.

Your heart rate picks up and you feel fight or flight set in as Yaz gasps and reaches over to pull her to her feet in alarm, only to find The Doctor in peals of laughter with a completely spherical ball of fluff on her lap.

More are following, leaving their houses and rushing towards you with excited squeaks and squeals, firing themselves off the ground and into yours and Yaz's arms and you grip one instinctively to stop it falling.

It chirps cutely and nestles into your chest, purring and emanating heat. Your fear is gone and replaced with a smile, and you are beginning to feel ridiculous that you could ever be scared of such an adorable ball of fluff.

Yaz and The Doctor are kneeling on the ground, giggling as the creatures climb all over them. Little brown arms and legs pull themselves up and fight for attention. The one in your arms is purring softly and you can feel the long brown hair brush your chin lightly.

There are maybe twenty vying for all your attentions and you laugh, stumbling as one sits in your foot and wraps it's short arms around your leg.

"Ok ok one at a time" you snort, looking over at the other two. You watch as The Doctor picks two up in her arms and gets cleanly to her feet. Yaz struggles more, smiling as one swings from her long braid and adjust itself to perch on her shoulder with more squealing.

"Sorry you two, I didn't think they'd recognise me" The Doctor says with another giggle.

"You've been here before?" Yaz says, just as surprised as you were.

"Yes a while ago and with a different face, apparently they haven't noticed" she replies brightly.

One of the fluff balls jumps off The Doctor's lap and stands in front of her, pulling faces and making determined signals with their hands.

You are utterly bewildered but The Doctor is watching intently.

She nods in concern and the fluff ball grabs her hand and she follows, bent over slightly due to the height difference, lilac coat brushing against the ground.

A tug on your own hand and you follow too, Yaz not far behind you as the sky turns a deep grey colour.

They lead you into a inconsequential village house and further into a basement which you enter bent almost double.

The Doctor sits cross legged on the floor and you join her, careful to leave some distance between you.

Maybe ten follow you into the basement and you look at The Doctor perplexed. She shrugs and turns back to the leading fluffy creature.

"Doctor what's happening?" You mutter quietly, the mood having shifted from playful to fairly serious.

"I don't know, they told me to follow them inside, wait a minute" she says, looking at the creature trying to get her attention again. More signing and The Doctor begins to sign back.

You had gathered she could understand them, but had no idea she could speak their language. Again you are reminded of how impressive the time lady was, Yaz watching her expressions closely, noting the growing concern appearing. Finally The Doctor stops and turns to you.

"Somethings definitely wrong here, something's changed since I was last here. For starters, they aren't allowed out after dark. I don't know who is enforcing this, but I'm going to find out" she whispers determinedly. You and Yaz nod your agreement.

These creatures were too pure to be harmed. You hear voices outside and the basement falls into a tense silence. The Doctor stands but a creature signs rapidly at her. She sighs and sits back down.

"Get comfortable, it looks like we're staying the night" she whispers before leaning back against a wall.

You tuck yourself safely in a corner and close your eyes, but you cannot fall asleep here, you are too tense.

Instead you watch Yaz's head topple gently until it is resting on the Time Lady's shoulder. The Doctor looks confused and adjusts her lilac coat until it covers the human girl.

It can't be comfortable but you have a feeling The Doctor will sit still all night so as not to disturb her companion.

You smile and close your eyes.