Chapter 13

Riley POV

"You guys seriously haven't spoken since?", Ash asks in disbelief and I nod my head.

"He has a girlfriend now Ash, I understand that he can't always hangout with me.", I say to her as we walk into another shop at the mall.

"No, he shouldn't just bail on you for some random girl he just met, you're his bestfriend since birth. That's insane for anyone to do that.", she argues on and I just jokingly roll my eyes at her.

"Can we stop talking about Ethan, you said we came here to spend time together. No boy talk.", I said turning my face toward her.

"Yeah, you're right. Come on I see a really cute dress over there.", she says excitingly as she points towards a red dress near the back of the store.

"Oh my god, this is the best dress ever.", Ashley squeals the same statement she's said for every dress shes seen so far.

"Go try it on.", I shoo her over to the fitting room and she smiles as she has the red silk dress in her hands.

I should probably look for something too, I think to myself before turning around only to bump into someone, falling to the ground.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so clumsy and I never saw where I was going.", I ramble as I try to stand up only to be met with the hand of the stranger trying to help me up. Which I gladly accept as he helps me to stand.

I look up and am met with cold blue eyes, he looks familiar.

"It's okay, I wasn't paying attention either.", he chuckles scratching the back of his neck.

He looks pretty masculine and has well styled blonde hair.

"Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?", he asks and suddenly I remember him from school. Hes on the football team along with Ethan and Grayson. He's also one of the popular boys at school.

"Yeah, I've seen you at school a few times around I think.", he says and I'm shocked to learned that people besides my three friends notice me at school.

"Um, yeah. My names Riley, I don't think we would've met before because we dont have any classes together.", I politely smile at him and he nods his head.

"So what are you doing here anyway, because seeing that all you wear are shirts and pants I would never imagine you shopping at a store like this.", he says jokingly pointing out all the fancy dresses in the store and I let out a little giggle.

"I could be fancy and wear a dress if I wanted to.", I joke back, "And I could ask you the same thing, the hot highschool football player shopping at a dress store.", I say back but my face immediately gets hot as I think about what i just said.

"You think I'm hot?", he raises an eyebrow smirking down at me and my cheeks heat up even more.

"I'm kidding!", he bursts out laughing as he notices my embarrased state making me slightly laugh with him as I recover from the embarrassment.

"But yeah, I'm not here for me. I'm shopping for a gift for my mom because it's her birthday in a few days.", he says sweetly making me smile.

"Hey, while you're here could you help me pick out which one I should get for her?", he asks me and I nod my head.

"Of course, but as a warning I'm not the best at these type of things.", I say motioning towards the dress.

"It's all good, I'm sure it'll atleast be better than my judgement.", he shrugs as he holds up two beautiful necklaces that were both encrusted in diamonds or Crystal's. Which made my eyes go wide in shock.