three

The pirate crew and bounty hunter travel through the treacherous Sea of Sand; over giant waves of sand, around geysers of magma, and through perilous lightning storms. Thanks to the good Captain and his faithful crew, they arrive at the wreckage of an old Separatist cruiser in one piece after only a few hours.

"Swing 'er around, port side." Sidon calls and Quiggold grabs hold of the helm to do just that.

Calista looks over the edge of the barge at the dusty shipwreck, almost completely submerged in the sand. A strong gust of wind blows her hair forward and a glint from the ship's exposed exterior meets her eye.

Sidon takes his attention off of his crew for a split second to catch Calista jumping overboard. "Weigh 'nough!" He shouts, leading to the barge coming to a halt.

The crew watches in confusion as their Captain looks over the edge of the ship. Relief washes over him when he spots the girl's long blue hair blowing behind her as she scales the wreckage.

"Drop the anchors. We continue on foot." He states.

"Squeaky, Pendewqell. Stay with the barge." Quiggold instructs the others, who nod before taking their posts.

As the four pirates trudge through the deep sand, Sidon keeps his eyes on the Zeltron ahead of them. They catch up to her as she tries to pry the cracked blast door open.

"Sidon." She reaches a hand out as she catches her breath. "Your vibro-sword."

"You shall address him as Captain." Reeg seethes. Calista just rolls her eyes.

Sidon hands his vibro-sword over without a second thought and she quickly cuts through the old metal, creating an access point into the large cruiser.

"This thing is huge." Reveth gasps.

"Split up, we'll cover more ground that way." Quiggold says, turning to realize that Sidon has already taken off with Calista.

Reveth, Reeg, and Quiggold each take off in their own direction in search of anything that may be of value.

"Cal." Sidon ducks under a fallen panel as he follows her. "Callie." He grabs her arm. "What are you searching for? We don't even know what's down here."

She avoids his line of eyesight as she looks around them. Why was she here? She has a great job lined up and decided to pursue some side quest, putting her original job at risk.

"The distress signal." Sidon continues. "Did you think-?"

"I didn't think at all, clearly." She cuts him off.

Sidon looks down at her, assuming that she must've thought he was in some sort of trouble once she saw the coordinates for Ponemah attached to the distress signal. Either that or she thought she could make a quick credit by helping someone out of whatever trouble they may be in.

"Truth be told, I was angry about my new job." She admits. "Hiring me to fly across the galaxy with only the name of a planet and a description of an object." A sigh escapes her lips. "I shouldn't be here, I should be in the New Territories by now."

A blinking light behind her catches Sidon's eye.

"Let's just get out of here, I don't think-"

Sidon shushes her mid-sentence and she furrows her eyebrows.

"I know you pirates enjoy scavenging but in case you've forgotten, the barge is mine until sundown. Which means that-"

He interrupts her again by spinning her around. "Look." He points to the blue light.