Chapter 16

Joey set a few plates down on the table.

"Alright! Time to eat, baby!" He sat himself down and began gorging down his food. Mai sat next to him and began eating as well. Tèa and Atem were not too far behind. Tristan and Serenity sat down next to Joey and Mai.

Ryo and Seto were the last to arrive. Ryo set his plate down as well as Jordyn's. He looked around in confusion.

"Where did Jordyn go?" he asked worriedly.

"Check the bathrooms," Seto replied as he set down his and Mokuba's plates.

Ryo stared at him. "The bathrooms?"

Seto shrugged. "Yeah, something's going on between Yugi and Dragon-Girl."

Ryo frowned at Seto's name for Jordyn. Seto just chuckled. Ryo started for the bathrooms and was about halfway there when he saw Jordyn run through the front doors on the other side of the room.

"Jordyn!" He tried to run after her through the crowd, but the enormous amount of people were too hard to push through quickly. It took him a couple of minutes, but he finally got to the other side of the of the room where the doors were.

He pushed the doors open to see Jordyn curled up and crying her heart out.

"Jordyn!" Ryo was immediately at her side. He turned her towards him. "Jordyn, what happened?" he asked in concern. Jordyn didn't answer. She just hugged Ryo tightly and buried her face in his chest, sobbing. Ryo hugged her as well, hoping to comfort her. "Hey, it's okay. Calm down and tell me what happened."

She looked up at him with pained eyes. "It's Yugi. He's hurting and I can't help him. There's nothing I can do for him, and its killing me!"

Ryo looked at her in confusion. "What are you talking about? What's wrong with Yugi?"

"He's upset about Tèa and Atem being together. You know how he's always liked Tèa, seeing them kiss broke his heart. He's really angry now," she sobbed sadly. "He's saying things he doesn't really mean. Horrible things."

"What do you mean? What did he say to you?"

She hesitated and looked away. "N-nothing. He just won't let me help him."

Ryo stared at her for a moment. "You're lying. What did he say to you?"

"Don't worry about it, Ryo. He didn't mean what he said, so it doesn't matter."

Ryo frowned. Yugi must've said something horrible for her to be hiding it from me. Ryo felt his anger start to swell up inside of him. Not to mention make her feel this terrible. I'm going to get to the bottom of this, he swore to himself.

He hugged Jordyn tightly once more. "Well it's over now, so relax. There's no need to cry anymore, flocon de neige," he said sweetly.

Jordyn looked at him in surprise. "Flocon de neige?"

Ryo grinned. "You like it? It's French for snowflake."

"Snowflake? Why snowflake? Because of my pendant?"

"Not just because of that. You remind me of a snowflake in that although you are so complex and detailed, in the end you make up one of nature's greatest beauties."

Jordyn blushed. "T-thanks." She wiped her tears away and smiled at him. "I like it, it fits pretty well. But since when do you speak French?"

Ryo laughed. "You think you're the only bilingual in our group? You forget I lived in England. French is required in Europe." His expression turned serious. "Are you okay though? He didn't hurt you did he?"

She didn't answer at first, which concerned Ryo. "Not physically," she admitted. Jordyn noticed the anger in Ryo's eyes and added, "But I know he didn't mean it. He was just angry."

"Well I'll go talk to him. Maybe I can get some sense into him. Let's go back inside, I'm sure our food's getting cold and the others are probably wondering what's going on."

"Don't tell them, Ryo. It's supposed to be a secret. He hasn't told anyone about this besides me and Atem. You aren't supposed to know either. If the others found to find out because of me, then Yugi truly would hate me." She looked away sadly.

Ryo nodded. "I understand. Then you won't have to worry about that. My lips are sealed," he said with a sheepish grin.

Jordyn smiled gratefully. "Thank you. For everything," she added. She kissed him gently, causing him to blush for a moment.

"Of course," Ryo said happily. "Any time. I'm always here for you."

"I know, that's what I love about you."

They went back to their group's table and Ryo sat Jordyn down. But instead of joining her, he excused himself and headed towards the boy's bathroom once more.