Chapter 5

Ok guys, here's the next chapter! I just want to say thank you to my fans and everyone who supports/enjoys my book. I'm dedicating this chapter to @owlfan because I know she's super excited to read this and I made her cry in my last chapter :) Oh and by the way the pic is of a funny little guy that comes into play later in this chapter. And I put up a cast for a few of the main characters. The video is of Bakura's voice actor. Now without further adieu, chapter 5.....

The next day of school was probably the longest day Ryo could ever remember. He mostly kept to himself, thinking of what he was going to do at training. Usually he was good student that focused on the tasks the teachers would give him, but today he was way too distracted.

He glanced at the clock. 11:30. He frowned in frustration. Three more hours...

It was lunch right now as well as a free period, so people were either eating, socializing, or both. Ryo saw Yugi and the others talking across the room. He didn't feel like joining them because of multiple reasons. One, he was still worried the others hadn't forgiven him for letting Bakura take over him and start the shadow game in Atem's memories. Two, he was afraid to face Yugi after exploding on him yesterday, even though both of them had apologized. And three, he didn't want anything to happen to him. (I.E. turn into a dragon or explode on someone like he did to Yugi) He didn't want to draw any attention.

Although he didn't want to join them, he did still find himself listening in on their conversation. Especially since he was interested to know what they thought of HER.

"So how's she fitting in," Joey asked, leaning back in his chair at the lunch table.

"Fine," Yugi replied. "Actually, she adjusted better than I thought. I thought she'd be overwhelmed but she acted like she already knew everything. Grandpa found that strange..." Yugi thought back to his grandfather's impression of the mysterious girl.

"She's a strange one alright," Solomon Moto decided. "For someone who's from ancient Egypt, she sure knows what she's doing. She's hiding something I can tell. Even though she's a sweet, pretty girl, I'd be careful around her Yugi," he warned. "Secrets are kept for a reason."

Tristan's huff brought Yugi back to reality. "I don't trust her. She's way too nice. She's obviously trying to cover something and I'm not gonna trust her 'till I find out what it is."

"Atem trusts her," Yugi pointed out. "After I told him she beat Bakura's Ring spirit and she fixed the Puzzle, he decided that if she wanted to harm us, she would've done it then. She saved us. Maybe she's telling the truth. Maybe she really is my guardian."

"Yugi's got a point," Tèa said in agreement. "She DID save him. And Atem and Bakura. I think maybe we're all being a little too paranoid."

Joey put his hands behind his head. "She kicked that thief's can. Anyone who can get some hits in on that jerk is a friend of mine."

Tristan raised an eyebrow. "Doesn't it bother you that she has power like that?"

Joey shrugged. "No, not really. If she has the power to beat our most powerful enemy in less than an hour and she passes up a perfectly good time to get rid of three of our friends, she obviously doesn't want to hurt us. I say we give her a chance. THEN we can pass judgement."

Tristan sighed. "Alright, if you guys think so, then so be it. I'll go along with it. But don't say I didn't warn you."

Just then the school bell rang out, signaling the end of the free period. Everyone got up and scrambled to their classes.

The next two hours passed slowly, but passed nonetheless. During the last period, Ryo found himself counting down the minutes, which is something he never did. When that bell rung, he flew out the door of the classroom.