Chapter 17

Ben led Rey over to the Christmas tree. He took her hand and knelt at her feet.

She smiled warmly down at him.

He pulled out a ring and held it out to her.

"Rey, will you marry me?... for real?"

She smiled even wider. "Of course I will sweetheart." She leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

When they pulled apart, he looked up into her eyes once again as he placed the engagement ring on her finger.

He stood and kissed her passionately. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer.

As they broke the kiss, Temiri came over and hugged them both. Rey and Ben smiled down at him, hugging him in return.

"I guess you're going to be my daddy now?" Temiri asked.

Ben smiled. "Yes, if you want me to be."

He smiled back, hugging his legs. "I do."

Ben leaned down and placed a kiss on top of his head.

Then he looked over at his uncle. "What are you going to tell my parents?"

"Don't look at me. I'm not explaining this, you'll have to do that yourself."

"You mean I can come home?" Ben asked.

"Of course," Luke answered.

"So, what are you going to tell them?" Hux asked, concerned. Ben knew that if anyone would get in trouble about this it would be Hux since he was the one who lied about it.

Ben sighed. "I'm going to tell them the truth, just not all of it."

~*~

The next week, they all arrived at the castle.

Luke was the first to enter, followed by Hux, then Ben and finally Rey and Temiri.

Luke nodded to his sister, then he and Hux stepped to the side so that they could reunite with their son.

"Mother, father, I've missed you so much. I'm sorry for everything I've ever done."

Han and Leia smiled at him, stepping down from their thrones. They both pulled their son into a tight hug.

"We missed you too, kid," Han said.

"We're so glad that you're back," Leia added.

Ben nodded, then stepped back and took Rey's hand, gently pulling her forward. "Mother, father, this is my fiancé, Rey. And her little brother, Temiri."

Han and Leia smiled at them both.

"She's beautiful, and the boy looks like a wonderful young man," said Leia.

"But I thought that you were married, and that this was your child?" Han asked.

Ben looked over at Hux who was staring at the floor. "We just wanted to come home. Hux thought that you might let us come home if you thought that I was married. I hired Rey to pretend to be wife," Ben admitted shamefully. "But I fell in love with her for real, and I grew to love Temiri as my own son."

Rey smiled at him and squeezed his hand, trying to make him feel better. "Actually, you haven't paid me. But I got something much better, I got you as my future husband."

Ben couldn't stop himself from smiling and kissing her. "I think I was the lucky one, I got a future bride and a son, all at once."

She smiled and kissed him again, then she turned to his parents. "Please don't be angry with him, he's talked of nothing but getting to see you again. That's why I agreed to help him, our parents left us so I knew how it felt to miss someone close."

Han and Leia nodded.

"I think he learned something from it. Besides, how could we be mad at him for giving us a future daughter-in-law and grandson, and hopefully many more grandchildren to come?" said Han.

Leia nodded. "And at least we'll get to be there for your wedding."