Chapter One

Elle
I shut off my obnoxious alarm waking me out of my peaceful slumber. I groaned as I grabbed my phone, seeing that it was 6:45. Ugh it's too early for this shit.

Reluctantly I rolled out of bed heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. Once I was out I dried it and let my curls do the work for me.

I got dressed making sure to cover my arms and legs even though it was extremely hot outside, I don't have time for the stares and questions.

Making it downstairs I quickly rush out the door somehow making it past my mom and I see my best friend pull up just I step out.

I smile and hurriedly get inside her car and she speeds off to school. Lexi has been my friend since we were in diapers, she's always been there for me and I don't know what I'd do without her.

"So did you hear the rumors?" She asked.

"What rumors?"

"We're getting a new student, everyone was talking about it yesterday girl do you not listen?"

"You know I never do." I stated.

The rest of our drive was a peaceful silence. That's one of the things I love about Alexis. She doesn't feel the need to fill every silence with boring conversation. If we want to talk believe me we will find something to talk about.

Once we got to school we headed our separate ways to go to class. Sighing I sat down in my seat, already dreading the boring class.

"Alright everyone so if I could have your attention please." My biology teacher spoke up making everyone stop what they were doing.
"So today we have a new student joining us today!" She said happily. Just then a girl walks into the room with aqua hair. Well that's something you don't see everyday.

She did a small wave saying "Hey, I'm Billie."
I'll admit she was very pretty especially with that hair. Her eyes landed on me and that's when I nervously put my head down, avoiding her gaze.

"Okay so Billie you can go and sit by Eleanor, um Elle could you raise your hand please?"

Oh god why me? Why does she have to sit by me. I slowly raised my hand keeping my head down. I heard her walk towards me and plop down in the seat beside me.

"She will be your partner for the rest of the year if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask." She said and started to take attendance.

I kept my head down, getting out my notebook and starting to sketch whatever came to mind. I felt a pair of eyes on me making me anxious.

"You know staring is rude." I spoke lowly, making the girl beside me chuckle.

"I'm just admiring a pretty face. Is that a crime?"

I turned my head in her direction as I stared at her like she had three heads. I struggled to find words and eventually just put my head back down avoiding her gaze.

"So Eleanor is it? Whatcha drawing shorty?" She asks me leaning over to see my work.

I closed my book putting it under my chair.
No one is allowed to see that book.

"None of your business. And it's just Elle." I turned my attention to the teacher as she started writing things on the board. Trying to ignore the aqua haired girl staring holes into the side of my head.

Billie
There was something about this girl. I don't know what it was but it made me eager to get to know her better. There was no doubt that she was undeniably beautiful, I couldn't help but study her features on her perfect face. I knew there was more to her than what meets the eye and I think that's what intrigued me the most.

Suddenly the bell rang snapping me out of my trance. She made a hurry to gather her things and get to her locker. I followed after her wanting to talk to her, surprisingly and most conveniently our lockers were near each other.

"So um Eleanor-"

"Elle. What do you want?"

"Just wanted to talk to you. You're really pretty and I just wanted to get to know you."

She stared at me with a questioning look, almost fearful.

"Yeah good luck with that. Look uhhh.."

"Billie." I said accidentally interrupting her.

"Whatever, lets get something straight here. I'm not your friend. I'm probably not going to be your friend because I am not the girl who has friends. Okay?"

She barely even gave me time to respond before she turned around and walked into the direction of her next class. I sighed as I leaned against the lockers, watching her walk off.

Okay then.

-At Lexis house-

Elle
"So she's in your class? Is she cute? Hot? Both? Neither? Come on Elle, you gotta give me something here."

"I mean she's pretty I guess." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Does she have insta?" She grabbed her phone and searched up the girls name and sure enough her Instagram came up. "Holy shit this bitch is fucking hot as hell!"

"Oh my god Lex are you stalking her insta page?"

"No I am researching, there's a very big difference."

I can't with this girl. I shook my head as I went downstairs to get a water. Her parents know me well enough that this is basically like a second home to me. Considering my "home" is just broken.

"Elle if you don't snatch this girl up I might have to take her from you!" Lexi yelled from upstairs.

I quickly jogged back up to her room and flipped on her bed.

"Take her. I'm not interested."

"How could you not be interested Elle? Have you seen this girl? And she's bi!"

"You know I don't do relationships Lex." I said, putting a small damper on the mood.

I couldn't deny that what Lexi said was true. Billie was undoubtedly gorgeous, but there was no way she would ever be interested in someone who's limbs looked like a fucking barcode.

After a couple hours I eventually left Lex's house and walked back to mine. We lived on the same block so it was only like a 3 minute walk.

I stepped through the door of my home and as usual my asshole of a mother was there waiting for me.

"Where were you?" She spat at me.

"Lexis house." I said quickly avoiding her gaze.

"You've been hanging out there a lot recently."

"Yeah. We're best friends mom." Before she had the chance to say anything else I headed upstairs to my room.

I went to my bathroom to shower staring at my reflection in the mirror. My moms words echoing in my head

"You are such a disgrace."

"Is that all you're eating?"

"No daughter of mine is going to be a fag."

"Are you gonna eat all that?"

Tears streamed down my face as I stepped into the shower. The hot water stinging some of my freshly made scars. I sat down on the floor as the water ran over my hair and face. Silently crying to myself.

When I got out of the shower I had to put some gauze around my arm considering I may have reopened some older cuts.

Crawling into bed I cried myself to sleep like I do every night. Thinking what on earth I ever did to deserve a life this cruel.

★ ★  ★  ★  ★

A/N: Whoo-Hooooo okay first chapter is out what are we thinking so far?? Let me know