ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²¹

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

I woke up to the licks of small puppies on my face. Next came the soft chuckle of one of my mates, who decided that it would be enjoyable to place Dakota and Kai up on the bed to send me their love. Of course I loved it all the same, but they were getting a bit too close to my mouth and I needed to get dressed. Even if they are puppies, I don't want them crawling all over me when I'm naked.

"C'mere babies," I mumbled. I got a few whines back as I flipped myself over onto my side. Dakota nuzzled herself into my arms, followed by her brother. Both of their wet noses found themselves pressed against my forearm. "You two are the sweetest. The best things to ever happen to me. What would I do without you?"

"Give her furry companions and she will abandon her vampires for them," Marcus snarked, rolling over on the bed. "Can we get the same love and affection that you give to the canines?"

"I don't think you want the same love as the kind I give to my sweet puppies." Marcus frowned. He wants something more than what I give to Dakota and Kai. He wants romance and lust. Not for puppies. Never for puppies. Gross. Get that outta my head. I never want to think again oh lord kill me now. "Just because you roll over doesn't make you a dog. Stand up and make use of yourself, mio re."

The other two laughed. I'm glad to see their sense of humor is still online after last night. Marcus however did not laugh, moving faster than I could comprehend in order to pick me up. I screeched at the contact, but allowed him to do so with ease. It wasn't like I could push off an ancient vampire king. Or that I'd want to. If I get to see his dashing face, all things are good in Astraea world.

But soon after he picked me up, he set me back down on the bed. I flushed a dark red and realized just how bare I was. Well this is completely awkward but I guess since they're my mates and three thousand years old they've seen it all. No getting away from this. Why are you so freaked out. Not like you didn't have sex last night with all three of them. It sounds so embarrassing when I think of it like that. Stop. Stop thinking about the sex! I can't stop. Screw my brain. Aro's going to hear this. Well, that's even worse. Don't think. Stop thinking. Now I'm thinking more! Damnit. I give up.

"Well, we have quite a few things we need to get accomplished today, my dears," Aro announced. "Some of which include paperwork." The other two kings groaned loudly at the reminder of their duties. Things have to get done, I guess. I doubt the guards are capable of keeping the ladies of the towers, the entire castle, and the region as a whole safe while simultaneously straining their minds with something as dull as paperwork. "Our mate needs to get her remaining schoolwork done so she can graduate as well. Wouldn't want our queen to be interrupted by us."

Caius grumbled and rolled himself out of the bed, heading for the bathroom to straighten out his hair like he does every morning. Marcus doesn't bother anymore, and I'm waiting for the daily reprimand from Aro and Caius about the outcry that his messy brown locks could bring to all of their images. Wasn't the rest of the vampire world supposed to see Marcus as some sort of loony anyways, sorta out of touch? Not to be mean. That idea is stupid. But we can't control what the perception is. Vampires are vain. Really, really vain.