Chapter 9 - I'm Free

We were in a transport bus, heading towards a place we would likely never get out of. I was scared, but then the bus shook and stopped."Listen to me, just this once" Dad began, "I know you both hate me, and that's fine. But there is obviously something wrong with the bus." I was watching Lorna, seeing how she decided to play this. 

"And if we're gonna get a chance, it's gonna come along soon. Look, think about it, is your hate for me worth more than giving your child a real life?" I could feel his gaze burning on me, but I kept my eyes on Lorna. He sighed,

"Look, all I ask is this, if we get the chance, help me take it. I want my child to have a real life too." I finally looked away from Lorna, only moving my eyes to the back door of the truck. My mind was spinning with possibilities, I knew that he was right and this would be our only chance to escape.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't able to feel my powers, but they suddenly snapped back so quickly it took my breath away.

"I can feel my powers, they're back" I nodded in agreement with Lorna, still catching my breath.

"Could you get us loose?" Dad asked.

"I might be able to disrupt the atoms in my collar, but it'll take a lot out of me getting shocked. I won't be much help."

"There isn't anything in here I can use either, it's-it's all plastic, everything metal is outside." For a minute all we could hear were the guard's comms going off back and forth before dad spoke up.

"My leg. The metal screw in my leg!" I understood immediately,

"What?" Lorna was bewildered.

"Take it. Take it!" He told her. Ask she began to try and get the screw, I started feeling out for the atoms in the collars, doing Lorna's and mine. As mine began to shock me, I broke hers, watching it fall to the ground. I was pushing to get mine, watching with blurred vision as it blasted to pieces, giving me on last excruciating shock.

We busted out of the bus, Dad limping and me stumbling behind him and Lorna. I was absolutely drained. I vaguely remember a man coming and hugging Lorna, and another man picking me up right before I blacked out, but before darkness consumed me a thought passed through my mind.

'I'm free'

Hey everyone! I know it's been way too long, and I know this isn't the longest of chapters, but I hope you guys enjoyed it. 💙