Chapter 10 - You Can't Trust the World

The vote is still on, I'll give it a few more days before I count them up and say who won for each. Until then, enjoy this chapter.

My eyes opened slowly, as if I couldn't keep them closed, but couldn't open them either. The heavy weighted feeling and something wrapped against my neck was enough for me to try and wake up though. The fog in my eyes cleared and I saw the inside of a vault door. I slowly sat up and looked around, seeing a mirror and getting taken abake by my apperance. I had bandage around my neck and my hair was a trainwreck. I heard voices and got up, walking in their general direction.

"If anything comes up on the radio, we have to know about it."

"Its not just the thing with dad, sentinel services shot Harry." I know that voice, I rushed toward the voices faster now.

"These people are in bad shape." That was another voice I missed hearing so much. I turned the corner and launched myself at the blonde head of hair that first met my eyes. I could feel tears on the brink of falling, but I held them back.

"Laur-" I was cut off, not just from suprise of my terribly scratchy voice, but also from a man yelling.

"What do you think you're doing here?!" The man reemed at our father. I stood back and watched this play out.

"Let's talk about this" Dad tried to appease.

"We aint got nothin' to talk about!" The unknown man spat at my dad, bringing a small smile to my face. The next thing I knew fists were flying, and my dad was not winning. I squeezed Lauren's hand, gave Andy a hug, and walked away. I didn't care about that pointless bit of conflict.

As I was walking away I heard something that stopped me in my tracks. "Just so y'all know, the last time I saw this son of a bitch, he was working for sentinel services." This made sense, sure, but something seemed off.

"Listen. My dad prosicuted mutants, okay? He did. But he realised his mistake and tried to break my sister and Lorna out of prison."

"Yeah, by wearing a tracker into my bar!" The man agressivly spoke. I had gotten back to the scene by then, hearing the ballistic cries of the crowd of mutants.

"Hey back off my dad!" Andy stepped forward. I grabbed his arm, shaking my head.

"Andy" I whispered to him. Dad looked around defensively,

"I was doing what I had to do to bring my family back together. I realise the way I did it was wrong."

"And I'm sorry?" The angry man and I mocked. The man turned to me confused, but I kept talking.

"Not only did you send your children away, sentence one to prison, even. You tried to put more mutants in that hell hole?!" Lauren looked shocked at both me and our father. Andy seemsed confused, and our mother tried to gently grab my arm, which I jerked away from her.

"I'll be on the roof, don't tell anyone" I telepathically messaged Lauren and Andy. I shoved my father, turned and shoulder checked my mother as I walked by. 

I miss Lorna, she's the only one I really trust right now, besides my siblings of course. But thats just it, you can't trust the world.

Ok, I know it's short but I really don't want to put too much because I might need to change things once the vote is done. I hope you guys liked it though!