{Part One: Falling}

Keith's POV

My legs were starting to give up from running so much. I ran through the dead field and towards a deadly cliff. "Get him you fools!" Hearing his deep growl from behind me as guards rushed after me. "Get away from me!" I keep running but turn suddenly to face them with uncontrollable flames. I felt everything in my body turn and transform as I saw the guards fall back. 

The Dragon King's eyes widen with slight fright and shock. "No..." I whimpered in complete fright. My vision began to blur as I stumbled back as I glared at my hands in fear. "Grab him!" The king screamed. Before they could touch me my whole body gave up and fell back. Feeling my vision blacken and my heart sink as I fall from a heavy cliff I reimagined my life. 

Me? The dragon king? I can't be the next king. I wouldn't know what to do or anything...I'm not the right one...

Lance POV

I cupped my hands as I sat on my knees to get some water. I always visited the beautiful waterfall and water around my place, it gave me a sense of freedom and peace. Before I could take another sip of the fresh water I noticed something...No someone falling. As soon as I noticed they hit the water I rushed over. My heart was racing as I swam over to them in the deep water. 

I grabbed them before they sunk and I quickly held them in my arms. Bringing their head above the water I took a look at the...Dragon? His face was scarred and his back had small dragon scales. His hair was a dark black and his skin had a tint of purple to it. I shook my head as I snapped out of it. His eyes squinted and he began to awaken in my arms. I started to panic as his eyes open. He suddenly squirmed from my arms and attempted to fly away. "Woah woah woah! Calm down, You're hurt and you're gonna hurt yourself more if you squirm!" 

He growled and glared at me as he scurried to the shallow side of the water. "I don't need to listen to you." He snarled towards me. "Jeesh, I'm only trying to help. I hope you know I just saved your life!" I crossed my arms. "I didn't ask you to." He makes it to land and coughs slightly as he holds his arm tightly. "So ungrateful-" I noticed him starting to cough more and wobble. I rushed back to land as he fell back to the ground. 

"You're not even human therefore I could earn a hella ton of money turning you in." I walked over to the dragon hybrid. His eyes widen and he growls. "I wrap him in my jacket and help him up. "But that's not what I'm going to do. You're hurt and I have soft spots for people who are hurting." I lifted his weak body and wrapped his arm around my neck to balance him. "What-" He started to speak. "Don't judge me!" I spoke up and snarled. "I was going to ask why you saved me." 

My eyes turn towards his hurt face and all I could do was answer. "Because you were someone in need of help. You're hurt and I mean you were falling from a huge cliff!" I spouted. He looked down. "My place is just up there- that is if you trust me enough to at least clean up your wounds." He hesitated but nodded weakly. 

I smiled softly as we reached my front door. I carefully helped him inside. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter! I made it shorter because I don't know if I should continue/make this a whole story! I wanna know if you guys like it before I move on <3