{Part Two: Nowhere to go}

Keith's POV

I was a little confused as to why this human was helping a beast like me. Was this a trap? He could earn a lot from turning me in... 

He smiled softly as he helped me sit in a wooden chair. "I'm gonna go grab some bandages and medicine, stay here." He scurried to another room as I sat alone in this small room. After a minute of hearing soft shuffles come from the other room the brunette approached me. "I grabbed some medicine and a warm cloth to wash the blood before I bandage your wounds." He got on his knees and reached for my arm. "I won't try to hurt you, but this might sting just a little...If you trust me that is?" He looked up at me before grabbing my arm. "Make it quick. I have somewhere to be." 

He rolled his eyes softly as he gently ran the warm wet cloth along my wounds. "Ouch-" I squinted slightly. "Yeah, sorry. It'll sting a tiny bit." He apologized as he concentrated on the wounds.  

Lance's POV

I cleaned his wounds and was about to bandage them before he tensed up. "These are just bandages, calm dow-" He was staring out the window as we both noticed my mother approach the house. I looked back up at him and he wasn't tense anymore. I noticed his form changed. "What the heck?? Where'd your wings and scales go??" I jumped back. My mother opened the door with a happy smile on her face. "Oh! I wasn't told we have a guest?" She smiled and was shocked as she closed the door behind her. "U-Uh yeah, sorry mom." I rubbed the back of my head softly. "It's alright dear, let me get you some warm tea young man." She hummed and made her way into the kitchen. "What is tea?" He spoke up. "It's a warm beverage. It makes me feel good and helps me relax." I smiled and finished bandaging him up. 

"Alright, wherever you need to go you're prepared. I bandaged ya really good and I'll send you with some extra bandages." I hand him a small bag of bandages. "Thanks, but um..." 

I tilted my head in slight confusion as to why he was quiet all of a sudden. "What's wrong?" I asked. His face went from pale to light pink. "I don't actually have anywhere to go." He looked down and away embarrassed. "But you said-" He raised himself from the chair. "I'll just find somewhere else. Doesn't matter." He growled and attempted to walk strongly but only managed to reach the door before almost collapsing. "Were you running a lot? Jeesh, you're like jello." I joked and chuckles softly as I helped him balance better. "You can stay here until you heal. You can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the floor." I smiled and looked at him. 

"You sure?" He asked softly. I nodded. "Yeah of course. It'd be nice to have some company while my mother is out anyways." I giggled softly and looked over at my mother who walked in with cups of tea. "Here you go dear. It's nice and warm." She smiled happily.

"What's your name young man?" She asked softly. He looked over at me. "K-Keith." He looked back at my mom. "Well Keith, It's lovely to meet you. I was only stopping by to see my baby boy." She pinched my cheeks. My face went blank. "I love you my little muffin! Have a good day and keep this young man safe!" She giggled and left. 

Keith's face went from tense to kind of soft and he giggled slightly...Which was cute. His deeper giggle and his ever so slight smile was cute and I'm not ashamed to say it. Hearing his chuckle made me chuckle softly myself. Keith immediately stopped as he realized something. "Uh...Sorry." He apologized as he looked away with a frown. 

"Why are you sorry goofball? Your giggle was cu-" I stopped myself. "Cute?" Keith spoke up. "I'm a beast. I'm far from cute." He stood again and he was back to his normal hybrid dragon form. He glared at me as his head was down. "S-Sorry..Jeesh." I looked away and rubbed my arm slightly.