Chapter 25

pov Akaashi

I was still sitting in Bokuto's house. Held by my boyfriend in front of his mother, who probably hates me by now. But although this is one of the worst situations I have ever been in, I felt the warmth of Bokuto's embrace creep into my body and make it relax. I started feeling safe and the sharp edges of my surroundings soften into blurry clouds. My sobbing, which I tried to hold back and stop the whole time, finally stopped, leaving me exhausted in my boyfriends arms. And just when I thought it couldn't get any more embarrassing, I started to hiccup from the crying. Akaashi, calm down. You are a 16 year old boy. You shouldn't cry so easily. 

Once Bokuto noticed, that I had stopped crying he pulled back to look at me and I nearly whined at the loss of contact as I was now confronted with his mother's gaze. I didn't have the confidence to look at her yet, so I instead locked eyes with Bokuto, who shot me a calming smile and gently wiped away the tears with his thumbs. Luckily I wasn't crying hard enough for my nose to run uncontrollably so I had the hopes, that I don't look as devastated as I felt right now. I took a deep breath and whispered a soft: "Thank you.", in Bokuto's direction, before I turned around to his mother, feeling his hands fall off from my cheek. My heart did a little jump, when I felt my boyfriends slightly smaller hands snuggle into mine, intertwining our fingers and giving me a little squeeze, hidden under the table, so Bokuto's mother couldn't see. Although a little knowing expression hushed over her face, when her eyes shot a short glance to where our arms nearly touching, hide under the table.

Back again with this nerve wracking silence, I waited for someone to say something. So I hesitantly started: "Ehm, I am sorry for this crying. I didn't mean to interrupt you. I just don't want to interfere into your relationship. And I know this was one of the reasons, why you wanted me to leave your son, but again I am sorry. I just can't.". At this words the features on the face of this terrifying woman in front of me finally soften into the kind expression, that I was used to see. I felt my heart literally sigh in relief as I noticed how without any words said, the tensions finally left. Bokuto seemed to have notice it too, because he lightened the grip on my hand and I could see his shoulders fall in the corner of my eyes.

The black haired woman looked down at the table with a little smile and tried to rub away an imaginary dirt spot, while she seems to gather herself. While still looking at the table she sighed as if she had made a hard decision, which I assume she had, and finally started to speak: "No, it's me who should be sorry. I neglected your relationship with my fear and nearly destroyed it. You need to understand, I am part of a totally different generation. I wasn't raised with the possibility of homosexuality as you were. It just, didn't exist or at least wasn't talked about. And when the movement finally came up and the first gay couples outed themself publically I saw first hand, how much hate and struggles they had to face because of the nature of their relationship. I just...", 

At this words she hesitated slightly and finally looked at me, "I just didn't want MY BOTH sons to experience this. In my eyes, Kotarou is still a baby and you Akaashi... I know you act tough but in reality you are really lonely without your parents and I assume you had a pretty rough childhood. So I felt like I needed to protect you both and didn't think twice about what you two were trying to show me the whole time. I was acting unreasonable when I assumed, that Kotarou misinterprets his feeling, because I actually saw this coming beforehand a long time. He is different with you and I am really glad you found each other." I felt my cheeks burning a little at this affectionate speech, but I was also happy to hear that. I was again on the verge of tears, hearing her call me her son. Fortunately I was saved from a new, this time moved and graceful, emotional break down, when I heard Bokuto next to me groaning: "Mom, this is embarrassing."

Bokuto's mother and I both chuckled and soon we were all three laughing in relief. After a few minutes we went quite again and I said: "Thank you, for approving and accepting our relationship, Bokuto-san.". I bowed my head a bit in respect and heard Bokuto's mother laugh again. "Oh Akaashi, always so formal. Just call me Neika.". I smiled politely in response and said: "Okay, I will. Thank you, Neika-san.". Now Neika was fully laughing and shook her head while she laughed: "No, I meant without the honorific. You don't have to be so polite all the time.". Bokuto next to me was laughing too as he added: "Mom, you are lucky he at least calls you by your first name. I am his boyfriend and he still calls me Bokuto-san.".