New Traps Forming

Yaxley was right; she wasn’t a little girl anymore. She was a twenty-nine years old woman that’s been married before and had quite a number of occasional boyfriends. She undertook street jobs that altered her brain chemistry, suffered through medical experiments that were meant to prolong her life, became a brilliant forger and a murderer. Of course she didn’t always win a fight and she didn’t always manage to run away in time. But when unpleasantness and pain came in, Lorrelaine was there to take the blow for her.  Her made up identity had no emotions; she couldn’t be hurt. But when Yaxley called out to her with her real name something in her broke; he knew all her secrets, he had no morals and he made her keep a promise she made when she was only fifteen years old. She could feel his hand sliding across the curve of her back but she kept her eyes firmly shut. She felt tainted enough since last night to let him know she was awake. Yaxley kept trying to rouse her for few minutes with touches and nuzzles but then she could feel his weight on the mattress shifting and hear him walk away. Only then she dared to open her eyes and rise on her elbows.

Yaxley really was gone; the sound of running water from the bathroom suggested that he’ll be in there for some time. Georgianna looked momentarily at the pile of clothes in the middle of the room but she quickly turned away. There was no need to remind herself what happened. Her gaze hit a tall crystal vase on the nightstand at the side of the bed with number of pure-white roses. She reached for a note attached magically to one of the leaves curiously. It was empty but letters started to curl themselves across the piece of bleached parchment.

Dear Mrs. Yaxley,

Even though your actions have crossed me severely, I would like to congratulate you on your marriage. I’m certain that such excellent marriage will lead to your contentment and I hope to see you at work after your honeymoon.

                                Sincerely,

                                                                                                TR

Georgianna didn’t know who TR was or what kind of work he meant but she noticed that the sound of running water stopped. She tightened the blanket around her chest and looked warily towards the door as Yaxley walked back in. He was wearing nothing but a towel and watched her with a fiendish delight.

“The roses are from the Dark Lord,” he told her and returned to bed. “It might please you to know that he plans to take the punishment out on me instead of you.”

Georgianna didn’t answer. In fact she didn’t even say anything when Yaxley pushed her back down onto the bed and got under the blanket beside her. He watched her for a while, caressing her collarbone with smooth strokes of his hand.

“What does TR stand for?” she asked in both curiosity and hope to avoid additional intimacy.

“Tom Riddle,” he answered, pulling her closer to his chest. “It’s an honor for him to sign the initials of his name… he doesn’t like people to know.”

“Why?” she inquired and let him draw her into a slow, soft kiss that was meant more to comfort her than to inspire anything further.

“He’s named after his father,” murmured Yaxley when he broke the kiss as if he were afraid someone was going to hear him. “His father was a Muggle; Dark Lord is a half blood. Now that I’ve shared bit of knowledge with you that could get us both killed, may I have my share of questions?”

Georgianna nodded; conscious of the way Yaxley pushed her chin up and turned her head to the side. She knew what he was looking for, there was only one thing he could be searching for.