Prologue

☽   ✮   ☾

"𝕺𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍"

Hope Mikealson was a loner, how could she not be when she was the only one of her kind, a tribrid. She was a witch like her awful grandmother, a werewolf-like her parents, and an inactivated vampire from her father.

Her mom used to say that she was unique, but Hope felt more like a freak. She never got real friends, afraid they would learn the truth about her. That she wasn't silent, sweet, loner Hope Marshall but Hope Mikealson the daughter of the evil Klaus.

It wasn't that she was ashamed of her father, quite the contrary. He was her hero, but it was dangerous to be his daughter.

She tried to get him back, but she failed miserably and caused both of her parent's death. Like a fool, she fell for a boy who betrayed her, but that would never happen again.

Everybody at school learned who she was, and hated or feared her. She was even more lonely than before. When one of her father's enemies enters the Salvatore school and almost succeeded in killing her, when she was vulnerable and sleeping, her Aunt Freya decides it's best if they hide, at least for a while.

They move to the Outer banks, that where her Aunt's wife Kellin used to live. It a good place to hide and lay low, but Hope hates summer, swimming, or surfing.

Maybe it was because of her werewolf nature, or her half side vampire but outer banks was definitely not paradise on earth for her.

Thankfully it was summer so she could hide in her room painting until school. If they did not move before the beginning of the school year.

She was used to being hated because of her family and what she was, but never because she was rich or a kook as they call it here.

In all honesty, she didn't care about money. She always had everything she needed but not what she truly desired: her family together or her father at her side. And money could not buy that.

Besides she was raised by her mother, who even if she could compel anyone was quite humble unlike the rest of the Mikealsons --- they liked luxury and were a little snobbish. How could they not when they could get anything they wanted just by compelling someone?

So Hope didn't care she was a Kook and they were Pogues. Money wasn't something she cared about. She didn't want to befriend them, she preferred being alone.

But she gets embarked on a treasure hunt and has more fun than she had in her whole life: she finally acts like a reckless kid and stops trying to be the perfect legacy of the Mikealsons.