Chapter 13

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

AFTER THE EVENTS AT LANA'S HOUSE, HOPE AND THE BOYS WENT BACK TO THE CHATEAU

AFTER THE EVENTS AT LANA'S HOUSE, HOPE AND THE BOYS WENT BACK TO THE CHATEAU. Pope and Kiara joined them and they were sitting on the porch. Hope was sitting on the couch next to Pope, while JJ described what had occurred. Hope could sense he was still shaken up by the events.

"And then we were right outside like this," JJ began to say. "And all we hear is just, 'Bam! Bam! Bam!" the blonde boy told them dramatically "Knocking paint off the wall, G! from the inside. All right? And I'm just looking at him like-- Wait first off, look at this shit." JJ stopped talking and walked to Pope and Hope. He shook his hair out over them, as white debris of paint fell from his blonde hair.

"That's dandruff. Disgusting." Kiara mumbled.

"It's paint." corrected Hope to Kiara. "No need, JJ I was here." reminded him, Hope, as she tried to remove the paint that had fallen down her hair.

"Okay, thank you," said Pope irritated.

"Look at all that. All right?" insisted JJ. "That's paint. At that point, I was just, like...I'm waiting for death." JJ said way too dramatically, which made Hope roll her eyes.

"Aren't you overeating? I was here the whole time. As if I would let them kill you or John. And I was magical powers." reminded him, Hope, as she mumbled "incedia" making flames appear with her hand. The group of teenagers gasped, surprised as they were still not used to Hope being a witch.

"First of all, this is super dope," said JJ amazed "Second of all, it was still super stressful okay. I was under major duress. They had guns!" he defended himself.

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope questioned JJ, Hope, and John B.

"Yeah," JJ replied, pacing back and forth because of the adrenaline after the recent events.

"Did you-- did you get a good description of them?" Pope inquired.

"What did they look like? Anything?" Kiara asked.

"Anything we can bring to a police report?" Pope asked, again.

"Burly." JJ suddenly declared.

"Burly?" Kiara questioned confused.

"Yes, burly," JJ nodded, repeating the words.

"You know like--" started JJ, but Kiara cut him off.

"That's not very helpful," she commented.