Nico

When I wake up it's light so that must mean that I slept the whole night. Yay I guess. At least I had no nightmares for the first time in months. And then as if a dam is breaking all the events of yesterday come rushing back, sitting on the roof crying, Will finding me, rushing to the bathroom to cut. I check my arms to see how they are healing. Over night the Ambrosia completely closed them up leaving me with only a few thing white scars. I really hope that Will doesn't come to talk to me tonight. That would just be too much. But honestly I don't even care anymore, can't even care anymore I have too many other things to worry about, mainly staying alive. 

     Finally after about an hour of staring at my cabin wall thinking, I decide that I can't stay in bed any longer, I also think that I might pass out from hunger if I don't eat at least something. I stumble out of bed and into the bathroom to shower and change. 20 minutes later I'm dressed in my normal black attire, black ripped jeans, black skull shirt with my avatar jacket and skull ring. 

     When I get to the dining pavilion I sit down at the Hades table and grab an apple from the bowl of fruit on the table. It will be enough to sustain me for the next day or two. If I eat anymore it will just come back up in about 20 minutes. Just as I'm about to take a bite a very angry looking son of Apollo storms up to me and grabs my arms. Before I can do anything but gasp in surprise he yanks my sleeves up and takes in my many scars. 

"Yup I had a feeling... Nico, why?" 

     I am furious. He has no right to come over here and look at my scars. I barley even know him and I haven't told anyone. Ever. And I was never planning to. 

"Will?!? You have no write to be here! Asking me private questions and in the middle of a crowd of people none the less!! Get out!" 

     Instead of leaving like he should, if he values his safety he grabs my hand and drags me back to my cabin. What the hell is he doing? He can't do this. I wish I had the strength to shadow travel away but I don't, lost too much blood last night. Will pulls me over to the bed and sits me down before standing before me a maddening look on his face. 

"Nico Di Angelo. If. you. do. not. tell. me. why. you. are. hurting. yourself. right. now. I. will. confine. you. to. the. infirmary. for. two. months!" 

     I am to shocked to reply. Will Solace, the boy who I've had a crush on ever since I got over Percy might actually care about me? No that's impossible. No one could ever like someone like me. I don't know what to, should I tell him? He already knows one of the worst parts. I guess so. 

"I-I h-hurt m-myself because of my de-depression, anxiety, insomnia, and loneliness." 

     As I speak out  loud the words I promised that I would never say, I can't help but let a tear slide down my face. I don't bother to wipe it away he's already seen me at my worst last night, even if it was in the dark, he must've seen more than he let on to know about my self harm. I expect him to shout at me, scream that i'm a freak and a mess and that I deserve what I'm doing to myself. Instead he sits down next to me and wraps his arms around me, rocking back and forth whispering comforting things into my ear.

     I can't help it. I sob, I cry so hard that I think I might die. Out of instinct I find myself groping around for my razor but I can't find one. I become frantic and start to pull away from Will's embrace, embarrassed that I let myself be held in physical contact for so long. I stumble towards the bathroom, knowing that there is a blade in there somewhere but Will grabs me and pulls me back into a hug, holding me back from the bathroom as well as comforting me. The sobs try to return but I have no tears left to cry so I just silently scream into Will's shirt. 

     After about 45 minutes I realize that i'm still hugging Will and pull away. 

"Thank you" I mumble

"Hey, Nico look at me." I refuse. 

"Nico now! Look at me." He gently puts his hand under my chin and tips my head up until my eyes meet his. "You need to come to me when you feel like this. I want to help you please. Please promise me that you'll come to me if you feel like cutting or anything else or if you just need someone to talk to. Ok? I'll always be here for you understand?" 

"Y-Yeah but why would you care about me?" I am very surprised that he even knows I exist much less would care enough to deal with all my crap. 

"Because Nico I want to get to know you and if this is the real you then I want to help you get through it. I'll do whatever it takes to make you get better. Starting with me staying with you tonight to help with the nightmares and urges to cut." 

"O-ok I guess that wouldn't be too bad. But you should go get your stuff since you probably don't want to borrow any of my clothes." I can't fathom why Will is doing this but I'm not going to stop him. I would like to get to know him even if we can't be together because he is obviously straight. 

"Yeah. I'll just go grab some clothes and stuff. Promise me that you won't do anything rash or stupid while I'm gone?" 

"Yeah I promise."