C| 1

The morning sun-light welcomed Davi as her eyes gaped. She lifted from the pink Hello-Kitty cushion and quickly shunned the illumination with her right arm as it beamed into her eyes. She plopped her head back onto the pillow now realizing it was real.

The scorch stench of eggs aromated through the house. It wasn't a pleasant smell, especially waking up in the morning; the scent made her a bit nauseous.

'Ghah..." She covered her mouth and quickly made her way out of bed into the bathroom, next door to her bedroom. Kneeling toilet level, she let go of the contents that filled her mouth and spit whatever else she could out. "Damnit!"

She got up from the position, flushed the toilet and rinsed her mouth out with warm water.

Once she was finished, she made her way to the kitchen. A pleasing site, but not this morning.

"Let's start with you cooking my food and move on to burning it!" Davi yelled at the lady sitting at the round breakfast table. She held a mug in one hand, filled with coffee, and in the other was an old newspaper.

In front of her sat a plate with a meal on it. It looked to be trashed from the balled up napkin sitting on top.

The lady removed the paper from her face while taking a sip of her coffee. Across the room, Davi was busying herself, clearing the stove off and emptying the unappealing cooking into the trash.

"My house, my rules," the lady remarked. "And I'm the parent, not the child," she continued.

Davi paused abruptly. She thought about her next words as her tongue skimmed her top grill. 'Technically my house, yes you're my mother, this is still my food.' She thought.

She finished scrapping the rest of the food out of the pan and sat it in the sink. She turned to her mother's direction. "Cool. Please have bill money next week so that i can go pay the bills then."

Her mother's face fell. She thought she had the argument in the palm of her hand. 'Always got something smart to say.' Vani thought.

Davi smirked. She knew exactly what to say and how to say it when it came to her mother. She always thought she out-mouthed Davi until she was done thinking, and then Davi had the last laugh.

Davi shook her head and exited the kitchen, "Please clean my kitchen up before you leave," she yelled back going into her bedroom.

Once she made it there, she closed her door. She looked at the time: 9:48am. She had a little time to spare to start her morning journaling and manifestations before she had to get ready for work.

It was usually how she started her morning. She would set the mood with some candles, incense, and low tunes in the background as she wrote about how she wanted her day to go and plans for herself in the future. Everyday it was something new for her.

This morning she opted for D'Angelo. She hit play on the radio and 'Brown Sugar' sounded from the speakers. It had been her favorite to start the day with for a few weeks now. It was usually Destiny's Child 'Independent Women.' She loved anything that would give her a boost of confidence at the rise of daylight.

Grabbing the Hello-Kitty lighter off of her tattered dresser, she moved around the room swaying her hips to the tune. She lit all three candles on her shelf and followed up with lighting two incense, putting them on the pink painted wooden holder.

She grabbed her pink notebook, fur-ball pen and sat on her bed with her legs crossed. She took a pillow to hold her book up so that it would be easier for her to write.

As soon as she opened her book, she started writing.

Davi suddenly had a lot on her mind. She didn't want to lug it through the day so she wrote it down and came up with ways to solve her problems. Once it was down on the paper, she left it all in the book.