Theo Raeken

Requested by Kelsey191105  (Sorry of it's not what you wanted.)

I sniffled looking at the picture of my brother gently thumbing the old picture of us as kids. Today was the fifth year without him and it still felt like it yesterday that I held him in my arms as he took his last breath. I quickly wiped the cold, sticky trails that the trails left in their wake and tucked away the photo as I heard footsteps approaching behind me, "Y/n?" I turned and saw Theo, "oh hey Theo what uh what are you still doing here usually everyone has gone home by now?" He sighed sitting next to me.

"Would you believe me if I told you I had a feeling that you were upset and it bothered me so I needed to check on you." I lifted a brow, "so what you're psychic now?" He punched my shoulder, "I'm serious." I made eye contact and that's when I realized I made a mistake since the rims of my eyes were probably still red from crying, "I was right you are upset so talk to me I want to help you Y/n." I shrugged, "you can't help Theo this is something only time can make better."

He placed his hand on my shoulder, "talking helps so please don't hurt yourself by thinking you don't need to talk about it." I sighed pulling out the picture sighing in frustration as the sting of tears returned. I handed him the picture, "that was my brother he would twenty-three today but he was taken from me." Theo pulled me close, "I am sorry that you had to deal with this for so long with no one there helping." I chuckled tearily, "what can I say I'm good at pushing those who try to help me away."

He hugged me tighter, "well that's not happening with me." I sobbed into his chest, "he was my everything and those dickheads bullying him caused him to leave me." He rubbed my back allowing me to vent, "he called to say goodbye and I drove as fast as I could trying to get to him but it was too late I held him as he took his last breath."

It felt as though a weight had lifted off of my shoulders. He just held me until I managed to compose myself then he wiped my tears away, "how about we go get some ice cream then we can head to the graveyard visit your brothers grave then we go to your place and watch old Disney movies while cuddling." I nodded, "sounds like a plan." He stood and offered me his hand and I took it standing.

We did as we said and as we were watching Mulan he kept running his fingers through my hair and I sighed allowing myself to stop feeling guilty about my brothers death and allowed myself to feel comforted and happy, "so did my plan work?" I nodded.

"Thank you Theo I don't think I ever could've been happy again if it hadn't been for you getting me to talk about it." He kissed the top of my head, "love you Y/n." I smiled snuggling into his chest, "love you too Theo."