𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

practicing with the others was a daily routine for us

practicing with the others was a daily routine for us. usually sasha, connie and i work out together while the rest go their own ways.

the warm sun beamed on my s/c face as i tried doing sit ups, flinching every time i complete one from the wound mikasa gave me that morning.

after completing my workout, i slowly stood and stretched a bit. out of the corner of my eye i saw mikasa doing push ups.

she's probably at like 200.

she always likes to be hard on herself when it comes to our morning practices on the field. it honestly scares me how hard she works.

"oi y/n. hold my feet down for me while i do sit ups?" connie asks. "mhm."

the day passed quickly, it was already 4pm. i was sitting in one of the meeting rooms with eren, just having a normal conversation.

not long after, jean and mikasa enter. "let me guess, you were working out werent you." i say while walking towards mikasa. she seemed out of breath and sweaty, so that was the only conclusion i could come to.

"yeah."

"of course you were. at least invite me next time!" i jokingly whine, playfully tugging on her arm.

"then let's go."

"heh?"

the black hair in her face was quickly brushed aside by her hands. "i'm gonna go back pretty soon. if you want to join me, go ahead."

the butterflys slowly started coming back to my stomach, a tense feeling wrapping around my chest.

it's just a workout i assure myself.

just a workout.

"u-uh yeah sure." the girl gave me a smile and walked towards eren and jean who were arguing as always. after yelling at the two, she eventually started getting ready to leave, waiting for me at the door.

i grabbed a bottle of water and walked out next to her, forcing myself not to show the smile that was trying to come to the surface.

"look at you, waiting for me and shit." i say through the smile that overpowered me.

jeez, it's impossible not to smile when i'm around her.

"well what else was i supposed to do-" "mikasaaa! it was a rhetorical statement! you were supposed to do that cute little laugh and brush it off like i didn't say anything!"

"that.. cute little laugh?"

oh no..

i could feel the embarrassment slowly start to submerge me. an awkward laugh left my lips. "u-uh no! i didn't mean it like that!" i defensively shout.

instead, i heard the beautiful tune of that exact laugh i was talking about. the warm giggles filling my ears made me less tense. i looked into mikasa's eyes, and saw nothing but.. pure joy.

real, authentic joy.

did i do that?

i haven't seen mikasa this happy in a while, especially about something as dumb as this. whenever she laughed before, it was all just a humorous breath, but this. this was different.

the sun glistened in her deep blue eyes, causing a shimmer to appear as she tilted her head back a bit, letting the laughter pour out of her.

i didn't even realize how emotional i was getting over it until mikasa stopped laughing and gave me a concerned look.

"y/n why are you tearing up?" i quickly wiped my eyes and gave her an innocent smile. "it's just been a while since i heard that laugh of yours." her eyes widened as she looked away quickly.

"well, let's get going." was the last thing she said before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the field not to far from where we were standing.

after working out with mikasa i fell dramatically onto the short grass below me, my arm over my eyes. if i had to, i would do some extra workouts.

but not. like. this.

"i cant believe you made me do 300 push ups." "well how do you feel? stronger?" "i feel like i just broke every bone in my body." "crybaby." she mumbled.

i sat up on the land weakly and looked up at the now standing girl. "what did you call me?" i stated, standing up slowly, trying to intimidate her.

"i said crybaby." i placed my hand on my chest as if offended by what she called me. "i cant believe my best friend called me, y/n l/n, a crybaby!"

she rolled her eyes at me and nudged my shoulder while walking towards the weights to work out some more under the once again, beautiful sun set.

before she could pick one up, i grabbed her arm and quickly turned her around. almost instantly after that, i pinned her-stomach first- to the ground, her arm secured on her back.

i'm surprised i can even move-

"this is what you get for calling me a crybaby."

"oh yeah?" she replied, scaring me a bit.

i knew how strong mikasa was..

out of no where she flipped me over and pinned me against the ground. it wasn't even a second before i was held firmly by my arm.

i started struggling a bit, trying to flip her over again, but my arms fell completely sore after that workout.

once i gained back my composure, i was about to curse mikasa out.

but once i looked up, that urge left completely. her hair was brushing against my cheeks a bit, her face inches away from mine. i could spend hours, no, days scanning her flawless face.

the mini gasps escaping her mouth fell gently on my lips.

my eyes darted to her dark, mystic blue eyes that seemed to be just as interested in my face as i am hers.

i soon located her nose, cheeks, all the way to her lips. my body was yearning to explore those soft, pink lips.

the ends of her hair tickled my face, but i ignored it as i fell into what seemed like a long, deep dream.

i was at a loss for words. i just wanted her, mikasa ackerman. i desired her lips on mine, her beautiful laugh echoing through my ears every day.

and the position we were in only made that urge grow.

the thought of her not liking me back evaporated completely. the thought of the 'just friends' rule lingered around me, but something confused me.

she wasn't moving.

she wasn't getting off me, her grip the same, if not stronger then it first was. it's as if she wanted to stay close to me.

after exploring eachothers faces, we made eye contact. her eyes widened quickly and she let go of me. her feet landed on the ground quickly, and she started speed walking away, most likely towards her room.

still laying on the grass, a shocked expression rested on my face as i tried to comprehend what just happened, how close we were just now.

hey hey! just a reminder to please vote if you can (: it just gets my wattpad out there for more people to read. thank u!