𝘁𝗲𝗻

the wispy clouds merged with the sky, beams of rays poking out, creating a beautiful illusion

i couldn't bring myself to speak, i was so amazed.

"wow." i heard mikasa sigh out.

standing here with her seemed like a dream. i couldn't even comprehend that this was actually real.

almost out of instinct, i walked up to the frozen girl, grabbing her hand.

i didn't want this moment to end, especially with my favorite person here with me.

gently interlocking my fingers with hers, i once again felt the calming thumb draw circles across the back of my hand.

in fact, she quickly embraced my hand as soon as i poked her with my pinky.

"is this why you brought me here?" i finally whisper out after a long, comforting moment of silence.

"actually," mikasa answers, now facing me. "i wanted to.. i don't know- be with the sky?"

she seemed embarrassed at what she just blurted out, but i didn't find it weird at all.

i caught a glimpse of her flushed face from the corner of my eye, but kept my focus on the canvas.

"elaborate."

"well, i've been.. confused lately and i thought if i did what you do i would find my answer."

i slowly turned my head, now facing the surprisingly shy girl next to me. she seemed so self conscious about her decision.

the awkward blush that fell on her cheeks and nose made me smile a bit. it was adorable how she wanted to 'be like me.'

i pulled her down next to me, now sitting sloppily on the plainfeild that stretched for miles and miles on end.

we both practically fell on the grass, using it to our advantage.

my head rested on her stomach, the perfect spot to see the dewy clouds that looked like cotton candy.

her legs were resting in a bent, angled degree as she rested her head on the cold land.

the beautiful harmony of the breeze passing by the leafy trees kept a godly balance. i felt i was in heaven.

"then let's be with the sky."

instead of nagging mikasa on why she wanted to do this, especially with company, i instead tried to make ourselves comfortable.

usually when i want to do this, i like being alone, staring up and just having a conversation with the firefly that occasionally visited.

since she brought me with her, i supposed she didn't want to be alone. i was perfectly fine sharing this time with her. after all, she's the only person who knew i did this.

her stomach fell down and up, those quiet breathes merging with nature.

i watched the clouds pass by one by one, slowly morphing into different shapes by the second.

"that one kind of looks like a headless bird." i said, pointing to the weird form.

mikasa sat up, making me sit up as well.

"did you just say a headless bird y/n." mikasa mockingly asked, giving me a judgmental look.

"you cant tell me that's not a headless bird."

"but it's not."

"yes it- just focus on the cloud."

she looked back at the sky. "i am focusing on the cloud and i still don't see a headless bird."

"there's the wing! and the-" i let out a burst of laughter. "and uh- the- the leg..!"

i started to giggle uncontrollably, holding my stomach in place.

i heard mikasa start to giggle a bit as well. "THATS NOT A HEADLESS BIRD DUMBASS!" she shouted, now laughing as much as me.

we both fell back and clenched our stomachs, holding our knees to our chest as tears built up in the corners of our eyes.

our cackles messed up the calm vibe, but we didn't care. we were enjoying our time together, laughing like maniacs, making precious memories.

we both eventually took a couple breaths, getting ourselves back to normal.

"your an idiot y/n." "i know what i saw mikasa." "tch, mhm ok." she sarcastically snarled.

the sky turned into a darker, aesthetically pleasing blue by the minute- pink and orange colors evacuating with the sun.

by now we were leaning against each other's backs, sitting upright, being amused by what was around us before the sun fully vanished.

"so, did you find your answer yet?" i asked while admiring the butterfly that landed on my finger.

i didn't get an answer from her.

she seemed as if she wasn't present at the moment- day dreaming about something perhaps. i decided to leave her be for the time being.

the light that once bloomed over us was now coming to a stop, slowly falling under the horizon. 'till we meet again.'

mikasa was quiet the whole way back. though it was peaceful, i sensed some tension.

i decided to ignore it as we made our way to our rooms, saying our good nights before we split.

i collapsed onto my bed, way to tired to even change into some comforting clothes.

letting out a slight yawn, i bury myself under the sheets, letting the darkness take over.

while closing my eyes, preparing for a nice rest, i recall the joyful day.

i've truly never been so shocked at a view like that. it seemed perfect- the perfect time and place.

i'll never forget the beautiful light-toned shade overpowering mother nature herself.

it seemed a bit strange how mikasa's mood shifted to a more quiet, introverted way, but who knows. maybe she had a breakthrough.

i tiredly shifted in my blankets, soon after falling into a deep sleep.

𝗺𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝘃

as soon as i walked into my room i immediately crouched down in a corner, forming myself into a ball.

i finally found the answer to my questions, but is that what i wanted to hear?

this is all to much to take in, to much for me to accept.

i balled my hair into fists of frustration, tapping my foot anxiously on the wooden floorboards.

how did i not know this before? it was so obvious!

"UGH!"

i quickly stood up, pacing back and forth from my bed to the opposite wall, thinking about this entire situation.

it wasn't necessarily shocking. i felt i've known this for quite some time, i just never owned up to it.

u wasn't surprised, i was frustrated with myself. how could i not have figured this out sooner? am i that oblivious?

but it's true. it's all true. i cant hide the fact anymore.

this is weird. it's like a weight has been lifted off my chest, but a new problem came forth.

i walked to the body length mirror in my room and prepared myself to say the words that i've only been able to think.

"i.." i let out a sigh of distress.

"i like y/n."