MPreg

So this is a question from a fan that wants to stay anonymous:

Why MPreg?

Thanks for the question. It's short but I guess I can expound this baby into a wider array of topics.

Now, when people want to get to know me, the first thing they ask is why I write MPreg.

Normally, it's not a topic that appeals to some readers and if not done right, can seriously sabotage a good storyline. And this prompts the question why MPreg?

Why not just normal slash romance with adoption or surrogation?

Believe it or not, I am a science nerd. Not hardcore but nerdy enough to know that the male anatomy is structurally different from that of a woman's and it'll take several advancements in modern medicine to achieve male pregnancy.

Since I've grown up as mostly a Disney princess kinda gal with my Catholic faith, I've always believed that children are a gift that are blessed to couples who love each other. No matter what kind of gender the partners have, everybody should have the right to conceive children naturally.

At least in my opinion.

Yes, we have the pressing issue of overpopulation and how the world doesn't need more people in it. But it just never sat well with me that same sex couples can't have children born from their love while there are some couples that are blessed with children but end up taking for granted that God-given ability.

And so, when I started writing, I thought 'If I want a decent love story, there should always be children in it'.

Thus, it's one of the reasons I chose writing the MPreg genre.

Another is because of the complexity of the subject.

I know I'm not the greatest author out there - and I'm not fishing for compliments but hear me out - so my earlier attempts on the whole male pregnancy thing is a bit sloppy and unorganized.

Like in my Loving A Liar series, the couples were suddenly gifted with the ability to have children with no explanation whatsoever. I've had people asking me why that happens or what explanation is behind the whole MPreg thing there, and most of the time, I just shake off the question.

Then when I started writing IMTW, I thought that this time, I had to have an explanation. I wanted an explanation that was logical, reasonable, and complex enough that people would have no choice but to accept it as real.

Because of that, the whole Breeder-Carrier thing was born.

With normal slash love stories, I find the plot lines too easy and predictable that I can't make my own version stand out without there being a risk of me being accused of ripping someone's idea off.

Plagiarism is a crime and it's something that people should report on so that's why I've never attempted to do a normal slash romance.

I'm just too afraid my ideas would be similar to another author's and by having the MPreg aspect in my story, it cancels possible accusations.

Besides, my storylines work well with pregnancy and children involved. Take for instance my IMTW series. It wouldn't be that intense if I removed the fact that they could be pregnant. You guys wouldn't feel how impending the danger is without the children's safety in the story.

Okay.

So that sounded a bit crude right there. Let me just clear it up.

I'm not a violent monkey that gets off on putting children's lives in danger. When I said that threatening the children's safety in my IMTW series makes the whole story more intense, I didn't mean that it's something that people should practice if they want excitement in their lives. Children are not toys but since this is fiction and I'm sane enough to know the difference fiction and real life, I have full confidence in using this tactic.

It's dirty but you have to admit that their presence does make the whole thing scary as hell.

Finally, I chose to write MPreg because there aren't much decent stories about it.

Like you guys, I'm an avid reader. And the MPreg genre is one of my favorite genres in a slash romance. But when I check Wattpad for stories it, I come up empty-handed.

Well, not literally since there are stories about it.

However, I'm no huge fan of the 1D and other boy bands fanfiction so ruling them out practically cancels out the entire list Wattpad comes up with. Sad but it's true.

Because of the obvious lack of MPreg, I took it upon myself to be the QUEEN OF MPREG here on Wattpad. If people want decent stories with MPreg, I wanna be the first author other readers recommend to read. It's an accomplishment for me if I raise awareness of how MPreg is such an interesting genre on Wattpad.

Not only will other authors try it out, it'll promote equality for everybody. How? Well, we all know that conception can only be achieved with a man and a woman, either through natural or scientific methods. But with awareness of MPreg, it'll level the playing field for all kinds of couples.

And ultimately cancel out the stigma in all slash romance stories: the inability of homosexual couples to have children born from their love.