Chapter 5

Rosa

Charlie and I hadn't talked about the kiss since it happened. It was as if we're both pretending it didn't happen. The problem was I think I really liked it, as well as really liked him. I mean he's hot, funny, and he can cook! But did I want to get involved with a mob leader? Although he wasn't the typical mob leader type, it didn't change the fact that that was what he was. And I wasn't sure if I wanted to live that dangerous although very exciting lifestyle.

I only saw glimpses of it from when Camille had first started dating Josiah, she wasn't truly at peace until after he left. Would I feel the same way?

Today was the dress rehearsal for the wedding, the bride and groom as well as their closest friends were all going to be there and then have dinner afterward. Mitchie had asked me if I wanted to ride with her and her husband but insisted that I would meet her there.

"You ready to go?" Charlie asks as I fix my makeup in the mirror. "Yeah, I'll be down in a second." I add on some more mascara before shoving it back into my makeup bag and heading down the stairs. None of us were dressed up, but I wanted to look nice since I was going to be seeing Camille's brother Eli. It had been a while since we had last seen each other and maybe it would be a short distraction from Charlie. I wore jeans and a nice top with my hair curled.

"You look nicer than expected." Charlie says as I enter the living room.

"That isn't a compliment."

He chuckles, "I mean why are you all dolled up? The wedding isn't until tomorrow."

I shrug casually, "I just want to be."

He grabs the keys and we start making our drive down to the hotel where we will be practicing for the wedding. The real venue wasn't available for practice, which was a good thing since it's 2 hours away.

The car ride was pretty silent, besides the music that played on low volume from the radio. I had brought my new book with me to keep my company during times like this.

The car comes to a stop and I look up and realize we've arrived at the hotel. We get out of the car and enter the venue separately. Josiah and Camille were already there speaking with the priest. Mitchie and her husband were seated watching in awe.

"You look cute, I wonder why?" She teases as I sit down next to her. "Oh hush, can't I just look pretty for myself?" I ask. She giggles, "You can and you should. Let that boy go!"

"Oh don't worry, I think I finally have." I look over at Charlie who was talking to Josiah and the minister. Camille walks over to us with a smile on her face. "Hey guys! I'm extremely nervous about tomorrow, I keep stuttering on my vows."

"All you have to do is stare into his eyes as you say them, not the piece of paper." I tell her.

She smiles, "You're probably right."

Josiah calls her back to the front and I notice someone walk in from the side. Eli enters the room, his appearance as eye-catching as ever. He wore a white short-sleeve button-up with jeans. He notices me staring and chuckles before walking over. "Rosa and Mitchie! It's been so long how have you been?" He asks as he gives me a hug. I was surprised by the hug but hugged him back regardless. "We've both been pretty good! This is my husband Thomas." Mitchie introduces. They both shake hands and he turns to me, "And you?"

"And I what?" I ask.

He chuckles, "How have you been?"