Chapter 2

BROKEN HEARTS CLUB
☽   ✮   ☾

KEELIN HAD FORCED HOPE TO GO OUT WITH HER

KEELIN HAD FORCED HOPE TO GO OUT WITH HER. She wanted Hope to know more about Outer Banks and all the good things there, like the beach or some good restaurants. Freya had horrible morning sickness since this morning and had preferred to stay home, so it was just Hope and Kellin.

They went to a restaurant called the "Wreck", which was apparently similar to the Mystic Grill in Mystic Falls or Rousseau's in New Orleans. Hope got a milkshake although unfortunately, they didn't have her favorite one. But actually, she realized this Mango Milkshake was very good. Might become her new favorite.

"John B." examined Kellin surprised as she saw a young boy in Hope's age during their promenade in Outer banks "It's Kellin." she clarified when the boy was confused. "Don't tell me you forgot me."

His eyes brightened up with recognition and he smiled at Kellin. "How could I forget my favorite babysitter?"

Kellin hugged him happily. "You've grown so much, I barely recognized you. You look so much like your father when he was your age."

"It been a while," said John B a saddened at the mention of his father. The smile he had immediately disappeared, which didn't go unnoticed by Kellin or Hope.

"I just moved back here, and this is Hope," Kellin said showing her Hope to the boy she used to babysit.

"Hey," the teenager told her with a wide smile. Hope only forced a reluctant smile on her face in response. "Hope is a cool name. I'm John B."

"I know, Kellin said your name," answered Hope nonchalantly. She was acting like a bitch and she knew it. But talking about her name reminded her of her uncle Elijah. He chose this name for her and he was dead, on top of that it was her fault. Besides she didn't want to make buddies with John B, no need to pretend or be nice.

"Ah yeah right," John B said awkwardly taken aback by Hope's rudeness.

"How's your father?" asked Kellin at the young boy, sending a scolding look to Hope. Couldn't the girl at least try? Hope rolled her eyes at Kellin.

"Uh, he's missing actually. It's been, uh months so they hum declared him dead" John B said the words with difficulty. Hope eyes softened at this knowing well what it felt like to miss your father. She sympathized with this.

"Oh I didn't know," said sadly Kellin. "I'm so sorry John B. Who's been taking care of you?"

"My uncle has been there for me, he's my guardian since dad disappearance."

Kellin looked at him suspiciously. His uncle was not reliable and she doubted he actually helped. "If you need anything just ask. You can even crash at my house if you need someplace to stay."

"Sure, thanks Kellin. Uh, I have to go to work or I'm going to be late. It's been good to see you again. Nice to meet you, Hope." John B said to the teen who this time smile truthfully at him.

"Nice to meet you too, John," said Hope at the young boy, more nicely this time. John B smiled at her and then left running as he was really late.

"It must be hard without his father," Said Kellin after John B left. "His mother is not present and his life, and I'm sure his uncle is not been taking care of him properly."

"Yeah, it's sad," told Hope not knowing what else to say.

"You could have been nicer to him from the beginning you know," Kellin said "He's a good boy, and I'm sure you two can get along."

"So we can bond over our Daddy trauma?" asked Hope irked. She didn't want to make friends and then hurt them like she hurt everyone else.

"You could use one or two friends, just saying." insisted Kellin softly.

"I don't want friends." protested Hope angered, her werewolf temper showing. "And I don't want to be his friend either."

"You can't be forever alone, Hope. Having friends is important. Your parents wouldn't want that for you."

"Well they are dead!" yelled Hope angered. She was so much anger that she made the wind blow and a bin fell next to them. "And it's my fault!"

"I'm sorry," she said ashamed that she lot of control. She was always afraid she would lose control and hurt people around her. She has so much power, she could feel it inside of her, but...she couldn't let it go because knew it would be harmful to others. And she had already caused a lot of havoc in her life, she was responsible for so much death. Whether it was people protecting her or trying to kill her.

"Hey, hey it's okay." reassured her Kellin. "sometimes you have to let it go. Just it's best if you do that in our yard next time okay? And your parent's death, we already told you a thousand times, it's not your fault Hope."

Hope nodded at her aunt, she knew she couldn't be alone forever but she was afraid to take the first step.

"I think I need to wolf out," mumbled Hope. "I need a stress relief."

I'm not really happy with this chapter, but I couldn't write anything better so here it is