17

Gabriel's POV:

Okay, so I admit I fucked up. I should've trusted Alastor enough to stop when I was in pain and scared, but I didn't, so that was a fuck up on my part. Especially since he feels really guilty for it and keeps apologizing and trying to reassure me.

"Alastor," I say, making him jump a little bit in surprise. "I want to get a tattoo."

He looks down at me in surprise. "Why?" he asks me, and I fight to keep myself from rolling my eyes.

"Because I want one," I say in a 'duh' tone. "You have to have some tattoo artist in Hell, right?"

He nods, but doesn't seem convinced that I actually want to get one.

"Come on, let's go then!"

"Gabriel..." he trails off, not moving from the bed. "Even in Hell, tattoos are permanent. You can't make a rush decision."

I grab his hand and try to drag Alastor after me, but of course he doesn't budge because he's way bigger and stronger than I am. "I've always wanted one! I'm just not allowed to on Earth because I'm underage."

"There's a rule against tattoos?" Alastor asks, surprised by that.

"Yeah, you have to be eighteen." I finally get him to follow me out of the bed where I get dressed and wait for Alastor to do the same. "I want to get a moon and some stars on my hip, like where yours is."

Alastor hums. "Is there a reason behind that?"

"I like the night and the moon and stars. They calm me down," I tell him, because it's true.

I've always liked then night and have always stared at the stars on clear nights, which were rare in rainy Washington.

"Well, if you're sure..." Alastor sighs and puts on real clothes. "How are you paying for it?"

"You mentioned being my sugar daddy..."

Alastor scoffs. "And you denied the idea of it," he says, smacking my butt. "But I'll pay for it if you get my name tattooed on your ass."

I whine, jutting out my bottom lip in a pout. "Please?"

Alastor laughs. "Gabriel, my angel, I am the king of Hell. I do not pay for anything here, and that now extends to you," he says.

I slam my palm to my face. "Shit, I didn't think of that," I mumble. "I'm a dumbass."

"No, you are very intelligent," Alastor corrects me, leading me through the front door of the mansion that I've stayed in since I arrive in Hell.

I'm shocked by how beautiful the landscape is, and Alastor seems to find my amazement funny.

"Were you expecting fire all over?" he asks, grinning at my expression. "Like in those strange bible stories?"

I shrug. "I wasn't expecting it to look like this. It's beautiful."

"When you're stuck here for all of eternity, you make sure your kingdom is beautiful," Alastor explains as we walk down a dirt path. "And it surprises the people brought down here. It's rather humorous."

"I always forget that you're the lord of Hell. You're so soft and sweet with me, and then out of nowhere you say something about torturing people for eternity," I say, giggling at the look of offense on Alastor's face.

"I am always evil and dangerous."

"You looked like you were going to cry a half an hour ago."

He huffs. "I was worried I had accidentally caused you pain."