Chapter 8: idek what to name this chapter.

(Harry's Pov)

Harry was confused. Of course Harry was usually confused, but this time he was more confused than usual (if that's possible). When Harry had heard about this whole mate thing, it had seemed like there were only two options, either his mate could accept him and they'd live happily ever after, or they could reject Harry, and he'd die. But Harry's mate hadn't rejected or accepted him. What did that mean? Was there even an "Option C: none of the above"? Would Harry still die?

Harry decided to go to Sirius, Remus and Hermione. Anyways it had appeared that they had formed a "Worry about Harry" club, to Harry's annoyance.

While walking the halls, Harry didn't really take in anything around him. Until, out of nowhere, in a random hallway, Harry sensed his mate. Harry spun around to his left, and a little down the hallway was a portrait. The portrait to the slytherin dorms. Shit. Harry's mate was in slytherin! There was no way she or he'd accept him now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Draco's Pov)

Blaise was going to be late. Draco was awake, having stayed awake by sheer force of will. If he was going to switch to a nocturnal cycle, he couldn't slack off and sleep whenever, he had to make sure he was  awake when he should be awake, and asleep when he should be asleep.

Finally, Draco decided enough was enough. Draco had tried to nudge Blaise awake as a ferret. But with that having failed, Draco decided drastic measures were required. In his human form, Draco went to the bathroom and filled up a bucket with water. Draco walked back to the bed, and stood over the sleeping form of his best friend.

Draco decided to give Blaise one last chance to wake up. "BLAISE GET UP!" Draco yelled holding the bucket over Blaise, slightly tipped, so that it would only take a small nudge for the water to come pouring out.

Blaise Zabini sleepily cracked open one eye, and made a grunting noise. Just as Draco determined that maybe the water was unnecessary, and his friend would get up without its help, the door banged open.

"BLAISE ZABINI! GET YOUR LAZY ARSE UP AND OUT OF YOUR BED RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR I SWEAR TO MERLIN I WILL COME AT YOU! AND TRUST ME I AM SCARIER THAN THE DARK LORD AND EVERY ONE OF DEATH EATERS COMBINED!" Yelled a very angry pink haired girl.

Draco and Pansy made eye contact. Draco would like to blame what happened next on the fact that, A) Pansy had stormed into the room unannounced, and B) She had dyed her hair pink, which made her look scarier than she had before, if that was possible. Okay, so here's what happened:

When Pansy and Draco saw each other, Draco screamed, because he hadn't expected an angry, pink-haired Pansy to barge into the room. After Draco screamed, Pansy let out a high pitched scream, because Draco's scream had scared her. But then, Pansy's scream scared Draco, which made him jump, and tip over the bucket, spilling the freezing cold water all over Blaise's face. At that point, Blaise screeched even higher than Pansy had.

The sound of Blaise's really high pitched scream scared Draco again, and out of instinct, he turned into a panicked white ferret.

"WHAT THE HELL, MAN?" Blaise yelled.

Draco was about to turn back into a human to defend himself and blame Pansy, but just then a crowd of boys rushed in the room again. But this time, because Pansy had been standing in the doorway, the crowd of boys crashed into her, resulting in about 20 slytherins all sprawled out on the floor, in a vast and widely spread out dog pile.