Where it all began

We all know the story of Alex Albus Potter, the supposed boy-who-lived, but what people didn't know is that it was all wrong. Alex didn't defeat the Dark Lord, it was his younger twin brother, Harry James Potter, if you could even call him a Potter. He was the oddball of the family of four, there were no pictures of him on the walls or in any of the family portraits, his parents ignored, neglected, and quite frankly didn't care about him, not to mention most people didn't know he even existed, even the people who would come to see the boy-who-lived often wouldn't see him. Why, you may ask? Well... let's start from the beginning, October 31st, 1981.

Tom's POV

I was standing outside of the Cottage the Potters were hiding in. Ever since they heard about the prophecy they went into hiding to protect their two boys, otherwise they would be living at the Potter manor and living a normal wizard family life. I took a small glance at the cottage before raising my wand up to the door and casting a spell. The door blew up into pieces and I walked in. Once the dust cleared I saw James Potter looking at me in a dueling pose, his wand out, ready to attack, and a small glimpse of Lily Potter's nightgown going up the stairs, no doubt to protect her children. I looked over at James and quietly cast Stupefy in his direction, knocking him out. I would have killed him, but a loyal Death Eater and spy of mine, Severus Snape to be exact, begged me to spare Lily Potter, which is something you don't see very often, especially coming from Snape, and I wouldn't leave Lily alive and only kill James, that would be too suspicious.

I went upstairs to the last room to the left of the cramped hallway, assuming it was the boys nursery, considering the door was blue and said 'nursery' on it. I opened the door, I would've thought she would have locked it, to see Lily crowding over the two cribs in the corner of the room, mumbling to her two children how much she and daddy loves them. She then turns around and tries to hide the cribs behind her.

"Move aside, foolish girl, and I may spare you." I say with a sickening calm voice. I wasn't going to kill her whether or not she moved anyways, but she didn't need to know that.

"No! Take me, just please don't hurt my babies!" She cried, tears falling down her cheeks. I sigh and cast the same spell I did to James at Lily and watched her fall to the floor, I then walk over to the cribs to see two very different twins in each crib.

The first one, the one in the crib that said 'Alex Albus Potter' on it, held a baby that had ginger hair like his mother and brown eyes like his father, along with a little baby fat. He was bawling his eyes out, screaming and whining. It was giving me a headache. I turned to the next baby, the one in the crib that said 'Harry James Potter' on it. He was the complete opposite of his brother. He had messy untamable raven black hair, slightly messier than his fathers otherwise exactly the same, and green eyes like his mothers with no baby fat. His eyes, if anything they were brighter than Lily's, instead of being a dull emerald green it was more of the killing curse green. 'Fascinating' I thought. Harry was laying there silently, looking at me, if I wasn't looking directly at him I would've thought he was sleeping. As he looked at me it almost seemed as if he understood what was going on.

I didn't know which baby was the one who was destined to kill me, but I did know that the one to kill me had a strong magical core, so I picked up James and felt his core. James didn't have a powerless core, like a squib, but he did have a very weak one, just above squib, a very light core at that. I set him back in his crib, mainly because he was screaming and yelling and trying to kick me, and picked up Harry. When I felt Harry's core I was astonished, it was strong, stronger than most, maybe even that excuse of a headmaster, Dumbledore. I also noticed he had a rather dark core compared to Alex. It certainly wasn't completely dark but it was more dark then grey at least. I instantly knew that Harry was the one to kill me, though I was having second thoughts on whether I should kill him, or raise him to be on the 'Dark side' as everybody calls it.

I don't understand why people call us the 'Dark side', I mean I guess it would obviously have something to do with me being the 'Dark Lord' but that's hardly a reason. As much as people believe that we try to kill all muggleborns and sometimes halfbloods so purebloods can rule, that's completely false. What we plan on doing is two completely different things compared to what people think. First, we don't kill muggleborns, we try to take them away from their families who don't know or understand magic, along with some other halfbloods or magic children who get abused or feel ashamed to have magic in their households. Now I know that sounds bad but listen, if they were to stay in the household families could get scared, and could start mentally, if not physically, abusing these children for being 'freaks'. They might not learn their full potential because nobody in their family can do magic. We would take them to live with other, safer and more supportive, households that have magic in them, to help the child adapt to the magical world and not feel like an outcast. The second thing we try to do is to prevent Dumbledore's number one plan. Now, once again, I know that sounds bad, but hear me out, Dumbledore is trying to bring muggle into, or at least introduce, them to the wizarding world, not just squibs but families that have never even experienced or seen magic before, he wants to show them our world. That may seem like a good thing but coming from someone who grew up with muggles who didn't understand magic to say you were doing accidental magic, they wouldn't understand. Humans fear what they don't understand, not only that but they also try to kill what they don't understand and fear, if not then they try to take over it to give themselves more power. If muggles were introduced to the wizarding world then no doubt there would be a war between muggles and wizards, which nobody wants, but somehow Dumbledore doesn't see. Then again, Dumbledore only cares about his own fame and power, trying to make it grow every chance he gets, manipulating anyone who can help him and destroying anyone who tries to stop him.

Back to reality, I decided that raising him wouldn't be the best idea, since I have no idea on how to care for a child, especially one with this strong of a core. I would let him live it I knew that he would join the 'Dark side' for the war that was obviously coming, but considering both his parents, who were both mindlessly following Dumbledore's orders, there was a slim chance of him even going neutral and not fighting in the war at all.

"Such a shame, if I knew you would join me I would keep you alive, but considering your... home life, I doubt you would join me." I sign. I put my wand above Harry so it's pointing at his head, but before I speak Harry brings his arms up and grabs hold of the tip of my wand. After he does so he smiles and giggles, I nearly smile. After a few seconds I get my wand out of Harry's reach and put him back into his crib, I then raise my wand and whisper the killing curse.

"Avada Kedavra'' I whispered. I watched the green light of the killing curse shoot towards Harry, but some sort of invisible shield shot the curse back towards me. Before the curse hit me and turned me into dust I saw the lightning bolt scar the killing curse gave Harry and a 'V' shaped scar on Alex's chin from a piece of glass from the window behind the two cribs that shattered and fell on them, Harry not being affected. I also saw Harry pass out and Alex bulling his eyes out even more, if that was possible, before everything turned back, though I knew I would return one day.

Word Count: 1469

What do y'all think about the first chapter? Believe me there is more, I have it all written out, I just need to read over it and post it, I might change a few things, who knows. Anyways, Did you guys enjoy this chapter? I though it was at least decently creative. Next chapter will probably be just as long, maybe a little sorter, anyway, I'm going to go get ready to post the next chapter, byeeeeeeeee~