22. Facades

Emerald

"Please, be quiet. I can't even listen to myself losing the will to live." Draco spat as everyone surrounded our trivial argument in the Care of Magical Creatures class. This was usually what took place when Hagrid was off chasing Buckbeak, leaving us alone.

"Emerald-" Harry attempted to get me to stop quarreling back with this platinum-haired ass, but once I get provoked, there's no going back.

Draco just stood there and gave Harry only one glance that said it all. Between his one arched eyebrow and his twisted lip, Harry got the hint and strode away, leaving both Draco and me with the center of attention.

"What's going on?" I heard Hermione's faded voice in the background, but I didn't turn to confirm if it was hers or not.

"It's Draco and Emerald. They're fighting again." Ron murmured next to her. I could have just felt Hermione walking over to stop me, but I heard Ron yank her back. Smart guy.

"I would call you an imbecile, but that'd be so harsh as you wouldn't be able to spell it." Our tiny petty insults rose even louder.

"Say that again." He deliberately let his torso tower over mine as he strolled towards my presence. Every person around us contemplated our every move carefully as to what we were going to do next. Goyle stayed back, sneering at my reaction to Draco's dominating body.

"Take another step, and I can't be held responsible for my actions," I warned Draco, clasping my jaw as a coping manner

"Take another step, and I can't be held responsible for my actions," I warned Draco, clasping my jaw as a coping manner. An irritated woman is never an excellent alternative to mess with. Ever.

"And you think that's a threat?" Even his gaze was condescending.

"I don't give a fuck about you anyway." I shrugged through gritted teeth.

"Whoever said I give a shit about you?" Our voices competed, for which one was noisier over the unbearable silence around us. The world seemed to pertain just to us once again.

"Give it up, Hart. We all know you can't win such a discussion against the King of Slytherin." Pansy harassed my manners.

"Last time I checked, this didn't concern you, Parkinson."

"Ooohhh, " Draco and his little friends mimicked an owl noise rather amusing. "Ladies, ladies. We can always share."

His comment made me remember we were just pretending to dispute and put on a show to cover up any skepticism made about us.

I spin to reproduce his aggressive touch, shoving around anyone near my way. I let my unnatural resentment drive my feet to a more isolated region in the forest.

And as we had planned, the class was dismissed at the perfect timing. As everyone made their way back to the castle in huddled groups, Draco sneakily made his way towards me.

I was lurking behind a tree, but my brown locks creeping at the sides of the tree trunk let him know I had chosen this spot as our secluded area.

His figure walked sooner towards mine, and our glances switched from each angle of the forest, making sure no one else saw us. I've never seen him with such a massive smirk plastered on his face.

His arms shortly found their way around my abdomen, picking me up and twirling me in the air without difficulty. My chuckle became muffled since my chest was in contact with his shoulders, as I begged for him to put me down already.

"You know I give a fuck about you every day." He revealed to me his teeth through a type of grin I've never seen before. His eyes had a varied glow to them today.

Perhaps it was the adrenaline of pretending to loathe each other in public yet doing the contrary in private. Or maybe it was just the way the elevated tree reflected on his grey orbs.

"You're getting better at this little acting gig, aren't you?" I pursed my lips in a straight line as I let my hands coat his chest.

"Yeah, well, what if I told you it was never acting?" He smashed his lips on mine without permission, although we both know I would have granted him admission anyway, leaving me breathless as I didn't see this coming.

I forcefully yanked his robe as if it pertained to me, tugging his waist closer to mine. His lips concentrated from the corner of my mouth and then to the center, gradually, and then all at once.

"Just one more kiss." He breathed as I strived to pull myself away from his touch, recognizing that addictions really do perish hard. One more kiss between us was sufficient to satisfy me into ushering him to leave for his next class.

"Go already!" I nudged him back. "Feisty, now are we?" He cocked his head to the side, promptly fixing his messed up uniform, courtesy of me.

"You have Potions, and an angry Snape is never worth bestowing another kiss. Go!"

Before he ran off and away from the forest, he sold me his never before seen grin; making my lips curl the same way.

But as he fled, my thoughts crept up inside my head. Something about his attitude when he playfully joked, "Ladies, we can always share," made me discover something I was too blind to comprehend when his eyes were joining mine and no others'.

A/N: 1000 reads, insane, thank you all so so SO much!!! this chapter was inspired by MANY tiktoks using Melanie Martinez's song PlayDate!