Minako Arisato

I was walking to Gekkoukan High School with my two best friends, Yukari Takeba and Junpei Iori, we were talking, laughing like normal, today was the graduation for our dormmates Mitsuru Kirijo and Akihiko Sanada but other than that, it was like a normal school day, but for some reason, I felt sad, like these happy and peaceful days would soon be fleeting memories, it might've been because Akihiko was going to be moving away since we had been dating but that didn't seem right. 

      No, that wasn't it, I was forgetting something, it was important, I pondered on that thought for the rest of the walk until we entered the front gates of Gekkoukan.

      "Hey," Yukari said to me, worriedly, "You've been pretty quiet, you know, not your usual upbeat self.

      "Yeah," Junpei added, "You good?"

      "Don't worry!" I said happily, discarding of any negative feelings, after all, for some reason, I felt like I had to take care of them, "I was just thinking about how the dorm would be like after Akihiko-senpai and Mitsuru-senpai move out."

      "Did we even talk to them much? I mean Minako, you talked to Akihiko-senpai a decent amount of times but you didn't talk to Mitsuru-senpai as much." Yukari sighed.

      I nodded, as we neared the front gates, I felt my head throb with pain, my legs felt weak and my breathing grew weaker, my eyelids grew heavy and then it hit me, I knew what I was forgetting, I knew what I was missing... I tried to hold onto that memory but it escaped me...

      Yukari and Junpei didn't notice, thank god... If they had noticed me almost falling, they would've been concerned, my legs  didn't feel weak anymore so I continued walking, running when I heard the school bell echoing in my ears.

                                                                                   ...

      I walked out of homeroom alone, Yukari and Junpei both said they had to do something so I walked the school halls, remembering every detail as if it was important, I was just strolling through the school when I heard someone running up behind me.

      "Minako!" Akihiko yelled over to me, "I'm glad I was able to meet up with you." I smiled but even that felt weak.

      "Me too, the graduation ceremony is going to be starting once the bell rings, right?" Akihiko and I walked together, ignoring the sharp gazes of all the other girls, Akihiko and I chatted about the year, reminiscing each day, our voices growing sad when we talked about Shinjiro Aragaki, Akihiko's  best friend who sadly passed away in a car accident.

      I stumbled on the words when I was talking about his funeral, something felt wrong, he didn't die in a car crash... did he? I kept a sad smile on my face as we continued chatting but the worries were almost eating me alive.

      The school bell eventually rang and Akihiko and I had to split off, he had to go meet up with the other third years so I slowly walked back to class, taking my time, I stopped at an open window, letting the gust of wind wash over me, I looked out and saw beautiful pink sakura petals flowing by, I closed my eyes and and allowed another gust of wind to hit me.

      In that instant, all my memories flowed back into me, I remembered everything, my Personas, the Dark Hour, Tartarus, S.E.E.S, how much our life changed when the entire group started fighting Shadows, Ryuji  and what I did in the final battle, I wasn't feeling tired because I was sleepy, I was tired because of the sacrifice I made for the world.

      I turned around and ran for the school roof, I remembered something else, our promise, the promise all the members of S.E.E.S made together, I looked out the window once more before I went up the staircase and saw a girl with blond hair standing there, AIGIS, she was standing there with a smile on her face and pointed up, I knew what she was saying and ran up the stairs.

      The graduation bell rang but I ignored it, my leg grew weak and I tripped, I pulled myself back up, determination in my eyes, I could run through Tartarus, this was nothing. My breath was short, taking deep gasps of air before I finally shoved the door open, nobody was there.

      Nobody remembered yet, but I had confidence, I knew my comrades, teammates, friends, would remember, I needed to believe in them, just like how they believed in me when I went to fight Nyx.

      I walked over to the fence, taking in each detail of Tatsumi Port Island, this would be the last time I ever looked at this view, I felt myself collapse, my eyes were growing heavy but I pulled myself out of it, please, just a bit longer, I couldn't sleep now, I had to wait for my friends to come.

      I grabbed the fence and slowly stood up, collapsing onto a bench, the sunlight was warm, I felt tired, this would've been a great place to sleep, but I couldn't, not without seeing everyone first, I allowed myself to bathe in the sun, staring up at the bright blue sky, I memorized the songs that the bird chirped and slowly closed my eyes before forcing them open.

      Please... I was growing to weak, I stood up, determined to go back down the stairs and beg them to remember, I walked closer to the door and felt my legs growing weak on me, I felt my body fall, I couldn't wait anymore, the end of my life was drawing closer.

      I was about to give up, saying my apologies to all my friends but then my body hit something soft, I felt arms envelope me and I slowly looked up.

      "Don't go collapsing on me Minako." Akihiko cried, he was smiling, "Everyone remembers now, I can't believe I forgot everything.... I can't believe I was about to leave you alone..."

      "Thank you.... I'm sorry...." I slowly breathed, but I smiled, the warmth Akihiko gave me was warmer than the sun.

      "I'm sorry Minako," he cried slowly, "I wish I got to spend more time with you.... I wish we didn't have to part ways like this.... I wish we could've met under different circumstances..."

      No.  I thought, stop, I don't want you to feel sad!

      "Aki... Stop crying..." I said. 

      "Hey, if we ever meet again in our next lives... Could you confess to me once more?"

      Akihiko cried, tears spilling out before he looked down and looked back up, a smile staring at me.

      "If you'll accept me, I'll confess the same way over and over again." He smiled and me and I allowed my body to relax.

      "Look Minako," Akihiko said, looking over his shoulder, "Everyone's coming...."

      I wanted to look, but I couldn't take my eyes off him, I allowed myself to smile one last time...

      "Thank you..." I whispered before my eyes closed, never opening ever again.

                                                                                   ...

Hi! This is my first time ever writing a fanfiction and I think this subject was the best choice, I decided to change up the script from the original game (Akihiko's lines really changed), I wanted to focus solely on Akihiko and Minako's relationship for this story so Junpei, Yukari and Aigis only made small appearance while Mitsuru, Fuuka, Ken and Koromaru were only either mentioned or didn't appear.

Minako and Akihiko's story is truly heartwrenching and I hope I was able to display that through my writing... Also, I want to try to make Akihiko's POV!

Thank you for reading, please leave any comments if there's any feedback you want to give me, thank you once again and stay safe...