CHAPTER FIFTEEN

G I O V A N N I

"You feeling better?"

I slowly nodded pero hindi ako umalis sa pwesto ko. I remained seated at hindi umalis sa pagkakayakap sa kanya.

It feels like an eternity has passed since the fight with the damned lion. But I am still tired. The wound on my back has stopped bleeding pero halatang fresh pa rin ito. It doesn't sting that much anymore maliban nalang kung mabunggo.

Jax moved uneasily for the nth time. Kanina pa siya balisa at halatang hindi mapakali pero hindi siya nagrereklamo, hindi niya nga inaalis ang kamay niya sa bewang ko.

My reaction is the opposite though. I somehow feel comfortable and safe.

"We should get going now." Jax whispered but finality came with it. He hesitantly tapped my shoulder, like touching me is somehow sinful.

Why is he so awkward? It's just a hug! And only for a few minutes! It's not like I didn't ask for his permission, he said "sure!"

Ang kinalabasan tuloy ay ako ang yumakap, siya kaya nauna! He even guided my hand around his neck so why is he shy about it now!

"G-Giovanni," he even stuttered! What the heck?

I sighed heavily bago ako kumalas sa yakap niya. I saw how he sighed with relief when I moved back, I also saw how his adam's apple moved indicating that he swallowed hard.

So he's that uncomfortable with hugging me? Or with other people too?

Hays, Giovanni, why are you even observing and comparing?

I shaked my head and ignored my thoughts before standing up. I stretched my legs and arms while looking around the cave, trying not to look at Jax because he might get uncomfortable again.

Mula sa gilid ng aking mga mata, pinanood ko siyang tumayo at magpagpag ng pantalon. He then turned around and walked towards the crystals I failed pulling earlier.

I turned my body to his direction and watched him intently. Tingin ko ay alam ko na ang gagawin niya pero hindi pa naman ako sure kaya nanahimik nalang ako.

My idea was confirmed he reached for a crystal and leaned back, preparing to pull it out.

"I already tried that earlier. You won't-" I was cut off when he was able to pull the crystal with just one heave. Wtf?

"How the fuck did you do that?" I asked with wide eyes

He turned to look at me with furrowed brows. He then lifted the sharp crystal he was holding and looked at it before turning his gaze back to me.

"This?" he asked me dumbly

"Yes that" I pointed at the crystal, "How were you able to pull it off the ground with just one try? I tried that one earlier for defense but it wouldn't even freakin' budge!" I almost shouted