CHAPTER FOUR

Isabella hasn't stopped pacing the room and mum is still busy sipping red wine from her glasscup,weeping profusely.

But only I could probably see through her facade and notice the unapologetic glee in her eyes knowing dad is gone.

Temitope is busy with her phone. She seems unshaken by the situation like she knew long ago that something like this was going to occur.

Jason and I are seated comfortingly beside each other as we await the policemen from interrogating dad's death scene while Michael and David are seated diagonally to us in the living room.

There's not much to know about how the policemen got involved in this case knowing Temitope is all about the clout chasing on social media. Immediately she got her hands on her phone, she managed to take some quick shots of dad's corpse and posted it on her instagram page extending the family's panic to the nation at large.

Right now the trend is each of the Ademoye family members as well as Jason being picked out and accused by the nation for being the murderer.

I've shut my phone down, blocking myself from the world while unfortunately blocking Debbie from reaching across to me as well.

The policemen finally join us again in the sitting room.

"From our inspection of Mr Ademoye's corpse, we've come to the conclusion that he was murdered and it wasn't suicide" The inspector says.

He was a bald black man and a bit blotted out.

"It had to be murder"mum speaks up."my husband was a very happy man and I know for sure that he would never kill himself for any reason"

She ends her statement with dramatic sobs and I roll my eyes at her performance.

"Err.. Inspector do you have any clue to who the murderer might be?" I question.

"As a matter of fact, we do" he raises a gun in a transparent polythene bag for everyone in the living room to see. "we found this gun beside Mr Ademoye's body and would be carrying out a finger print analysis on it to ascertain who the gun owner might be. We strongly believe the gun owner would automatically be the murderer"

"That's... that's my gun. I've been looking for it since last night" Jason confesses.

His confession draws the attention of the whole room on him.

"It's that so?. Well if that's the case then you're automatically a suspect and we'll kindly advice you follow us to the station for questionning" the inspector says.

"What!" I scream bloody murder. "Jason is my friend and I know him well enough to know he isn't at all connected to my father's murder"

"I understand madam but I'm just doing my job here" The inspector tries to reason with me.

"Your job?!" I scream at him."if you want to do your job then do it the right way "

Isabella walks to me and refrains me from speaking any further.

"please inspector don't mind her language. She's still finding it hard to come in terms with the situation" Isabella rubs mind with the inspector.

The inspector nods in understanding.

"Boys!" he calls out to his police escort as they take Jason along to the station for questionning.

I catch him smiling at me and I squeeze my forehead, wondering how he could smile in the mist of this situation.

He must be crazy.