CHAPTER SIX

Micheal's pov.

A lamplight shone brightly on my face  making it difficult for me to see the inspector  properly.

I wonder what that foolish black-american, Jason told the inspector for me to be here.

"So Jason said shortly after you left the dinning table yesterday, your father in-law was found dead. How true is that?" The inspector asks.

"That's true but.... "

"I haven't called you here for any story of any kind" he cuts me off."but a question though,why did you decide to spend the Christmas in your wife's parent house rather than your parent house?,perhaps you had an ulterior motive to that"

"Not at all sir. I'm an orphan" I reply sincerely.

"Touching" The inspector says firmly."so where were you when the incident occured"

"Like I told my father-in law, mother in-law, my wife, Jason and Ire on the table, I was famished and decided I'll have dinner instead so I excused myself from the dinning table to bed. Inspector  if there's anyone to suspect then it's Temitope. She left some minutes before I did giving her enough time to plot her father's death" I suggest.

"Do you have any idea what you're  saying?. How would Mr Ademoye's second daughter want to kill him?. And besides, it was through her that the nation was able to find out about the calamity. She definitely  wouldn't  do all that just to get caught" The inspector says.

"That's  the point inspector. She may have done all that to make her less of a suspect. It's the reason why she should be here instead of me" I try to convince the inspector  who gives me a cold stare as if to get the truth from my eyes.

Iremide's pov.

The whole family's attention is fixed on Micheal who walks into the house with the inspector and some policemen.

"Mrs Temitope, we would.... "

"Oh God!. How many more people from our family would you interrogate before you find the true murderer" I cut the inspector off.

"Ehnnn so Micheal you think framing me up would get me off your back shey?" Temitope barks at Micheal who seems to be giving signal with his eyes for Temitipe to keep quiet. "Inspector  I didn't kill my father. I was with Micheal in the backyard when the gunshot was heard. I and Micheal have been seeing each other for some years now. If you want to know the true murderer then question my mother, she and I have been planning to acquire dad's wealth for a while now and I believe it was her plan to kill dad to acquire his wealth soonest"

"Shut up you stupid girl" Mum shouts at Temitope. "Yes I admit I wanted your dad wealth but I didn't  kill him. I only waited patiently for his natural death so that I'll alter his will in my favour"

"Oh. my. God!" Isabella exclaims loudly as she holds her head,being overwhelmed by the situation.

"Sweetheart... "

She raises her palm to cut Micheal off and says in a venomous tone;"Don't  sweetheart me you bastardized!"

I turn around beside Jason, who was horrified by the turn out of event as I see David at a corner observing the situation quietly.

Just then, Victoria,the maid walks into the scene with a glass of orange juice mum had ordered her to serve her before the inspector  arrived.

"Madam, this na your orange juice" she says, mellowing her head to serve mum.

Mum slams the glass cup with the orange juice from the maid's hands to the floor.

"Come on, get your filthy self out of my sight!" Mum yells at the maid who scurries off to leave.