Chapter 14

Hello, bonjour, hola my lovely readers! How are y'all doing? It's the holidays so I'm gonna try to upload as much as I possibly can! Just for u guys!! See how sweet I am? *gets teary* anyways, without further ado I present to u.....(omg, that ryhmes!! I'm so awesome, anyways remember to comment/fan/vote , sorry it's kinda short but don't get upset, cuz hey, atleast the world didn't end.....;)

Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning with a layer of sweat covering my body. Last night I'd had a terrible nightmare and I couldn't shake it away. I looked at the alarm clock; it was 7:00, just enough time to get ready. I went to shower and changed into black skinny jeans, studded biker boats and a black long sleeve top. On top of that I added my black wrap a round scarf and a wooly beanie. After that I went to make up. I wore heavy black eye liner and foundation. Then I applied a thin layer of clear gloss as I didn't want to go too overboard. Looking at myself in the mirror I thought: Who am I?

After skipping breakfast I walked to school even though there was only 5 minutes left. I knew I would be late but I pretended not to care. My attendance every year was 100% but looks like things were gonna change big time. As I walked into form class everybody stared at me in shock, clearly not recognizing me. Not that I blame them, hell I didn't even recognize myself! "Um, how may I help you?" Mr. Kanae asked. I raised my eyebrow. "Seriously? You don't recognize me sir?" I asked mockingly. Recognition crossed his face and he nodded. "Oh, Ms McKenzie may I know the reason for your late entrance?" he asked. He looked ashamed of my new appearance and I felt really bad inside because he was a really nice teacher who always supported and believed in me, and now I was letting him down. I shrugged "no reason" I played nonchalant. He let me off today but warned if I get two more lates this week; it'd be half an hour after school detention.

At break I went to the library, I didn't have the courage to face my best friend and everybody else just yet. Although I hated to admit it: I wasn't as strong as I wanted to be. Yet. But I was working on it. I was walking to the last aisle when I bumped into someone. "Watch where you going dork!" I said venomously.

"Selena?" someone asked. I looked up to be met by beautiful dark brown eyes. "What the hell have you done to yourself?" he asked. The ache inside me grew as I saw the hurt in his eyes, still there from yesterday's confrontation.

"It's none of you business Skiezer!" I replied. He flinched at his last name and the hurt grew. God, I had to stop looking this boy in the eye or I might just die from guilt. He nodded sadly and walked past me.

I ran to the last aisle and sat down in the corner. I was really frustrated and angry with myself as I dug my nails sharply into my flesh which drew blood. This only caused me to dig deeper, getting all my anger out. Tears were cascading down my face like a massive waterfall and I felt like dieing! Just then I heard footsteps approaching so I quickly wiped away my tears and pushed down my sleeves. It was Aaron. "What do you want?" I asked him hoping my voice didn't betray me however it did. It sounded just like I'd been crying, dang it! His frown turned into concern and he stepped closer. "Were.....were you......crying?" he asked softly afraid he'd scare me.

"Yes" I whispered then gasped, his expression mirrored mine. Then before I knew it he'd engulfed me in a hug.

After I finished crying in his arms he asked "Why are you doing this?" he asked looking at me intensely. "I.....I had to change. I don't want to be weak like I was before. My.....my fath-"I began but he silenced me by putting one finger to my lips.

"I know" he replied causing me to gasp.

"How?" I asked. Did that.......did that mean everyone knew?!

"Your mother's friends with some other kid's mother so she told her, her son heard and spread the news. So Yh, everyone knows" he replied softly confirming my worst fear. I buried my face in the crook of his neck. "Urgh, now everyone's gonna now why I changed and look at me with pity!" I groaned but he just stroked my hair softly and murmured with his face dug in my hair. "Don't worry, I'm here for you" he said and I felt so much better.

After break I had P.E, I changed into my dark purple skirt with black stripe, dark purple v neck vest and black hoodie then went out to the sports hall. "Right, today we are moving onto karate/taekwondo" Coach Luce explained. "Ok, first of all I'd like you to get into pairs. You will stay with your partners for the rest of this semester. Ok, go go!" she said and everyone quickly got into pairs, everyone but me. I looked around and saw Abigail wasn't here today. I walked up to Coach. "Uh, I don't exactly have a partner" I explained. She nodded. "Ok, who here doesn't have a partner?" she asked. A blond put his hand up, a blonde who turned out to be Ethan.

After P.E I asked Coach about taekwondo and self defense classes and she explained they were run every Tuesday.

After school I was walking home when someone came and put their arm around my shoulder. I looked to my side to find Aaron. "Um, who gave you permission to get in my personal space?" I asked. As much as I hated treating him like this, I had to. I couldn't let him see me so vulnerable and weak again. He raised one eyebrow. "What's the matter Selena?" he asked me, worry written all over his gorgeous face. Wait....gorgeous? What the hell is wrong with me?

I arrived home to find mum sleeping on the couch; she looked so peaceful and angelic. I went to her and kissed her forehead, knowing I'd never be able to do this if she was awake. After that I went upstairs and did my homework. I noticed that the higher you got in class, the more homework you got. It's like they didn't want you to have a social life at all. A few hours later mum called me for dinner; it smelled delicious and reminded me just how hungry I was.

I cried myself to sleep that night; little did I know that this would become my regular routine.