Chapter Fifteen

Jasmine could not believe her ears when her mother broke the news about Klein's recovery, the next morning.

"dad is it true that Klein is awake? ". She asked nervously.

"yes, he woke up yesterday evening and... ".

"why didn't you tell me since then, let's go to the hospital, won't I see him".
Tom glanced at Matty as they both sighed .

"why are you both staring at each other? ". Jasmine asked.

"you can't go Jasmine ". Tom told her.

"I don't understand you dad, why can't I go and see Klein ".

"the thing is that.. Klein had lost part his memory... ".

"meaning? ". Jasmine interrupted.

"he doesn't remember you ". Matty answered. Jasmine gasped.

"I.. Don't.. You.... Are joking right? ". She stammered. "I don't believe you people ". She yelled and ran out.

"Jasmine!".Matty called after her. Matty looked at Tom. "let's go, she'll hurt herself ".

In Klein's ward, Katherine stood next to Klein, he had just finished the food she brought for him. She was stroking his hair.

"so, how does my food taste? ". She asked ,smiling. Klein removed her hand away.

" salty and spicy ". He replied.

"what? Are you saying my food... ". The door suddenly opened, interrupting her. Jasmine stood there, without hesitating, she ran towards Klein and hugged him, tears running down her face.

"Klein, I've missed you so much ". She whispered softly. Klein was confused, he pushed her off and frowned.

"who are you? ". He asked with a grimace expression.

"what?, it's me Jasmine, your girlfriend ". Jasmine replied,  Katherine laughed .

"maybe not anymore honey ". She said.

"and what are you doing here? ". Jasmine scowled.

"I.. ".
The door opened, Faith, Gareth, Matty, Tom, Chris and Victoria entered.  Victoria went to stay next to Jasmine, Faith sat down next to Klein on the bed.

"is it true? ". Jasmine asked, looking at all of them one after the other. "guess you all knew but kept it away from me ". She looked at Klein again, she closed her eyes.

"What's wrong with you, I said I don't know you and I don't even have a girlfriend ". Klein said.

"shut up Klein ". Chris scorned.

"why? I've told you people that I don't have a girlfriend or know anyone called ja.. Jas.. Jas ". He stammered.

"you can't even pronounce my name well ". Jasmine said softly ,she sighed . Faith looked at Katherine, she stood up and went to closer to her, she felt like slapping her.

"I still don't understand why you are here ,I hope you haven't bewitched my son".

"bewitched? ". Kath scoffed.

"stay away from my son, I don't want to see you near him or near this ward as long as he is still here ".

"mom, don't talk to her like that, she's my friend ". Klein snapped in.

"I don't blame you Klein or anyone, if only you know what you're saying ". Gareth said. Chris looked at Katherine.

"please leave this place Kath ".