Chapter 24

4 years later................

Ash's POV

It's been 4 years since my school life ended. Things have been changed. I am now a small analyst in a software developing company. Same with Gary, who is in the same post, but now in Phoenix. Drew is now working as the manager in San Francisco. May and Dawn have been working together in a travel agency and are now touring the whole Europe. As of Serena, I don't know about her.

It's been 4 years since we have got in touch. I told myself that I will work hard to reach her, but I guess it's goanna take long time, but still am goanna work harder and harder. To reach till the position she's in.

But things have changed in these 4 years.

After making a successful movie, Serena... announced a permanent retirement from the film industry. I really don't know why she did it. Everyone was shocked on hearing this from her, especially me.

The film industry was on total chaos those years. Many directors were angry because of their future planning with her. But some directors supported her saying that they can't always put pressure on kids.

As of media, you know, manipulating every single object related to her. These included theories, affairs, conspiracies and so on. But it was in no time that Serena's mom, Grace came in front of the cameras to support her daughter.

When the media asked about why Serena left the industry, Grace didn't give the perfect answer but she stated that she don't want anyone to disturb her daughter's personal life and fully supports her.

Time past and soon, everyone started forgetting about her. But not me. These things happened and made me thought that Serena might had got someone else better than me, but the inner inside me said me to just wait. There was still some hope inside me, that I will find her and reach to her. And till now, the hope is there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was on my way walking back home from my work. The day was going as normal, like starting the day with mom's breakfast, going to office, meeting some new friends there and coming back by evening. Since we had shifted to a new home, little bit away from the Old Church, the office was kind of away, still I preferred walking rather than taking my car.

As I was walking, a small truck, carrying some sheeps was passing by me, but stopped. From inside the truck, a guy of my height with a total white colour outfit, which was worn by most of the priest. The guy had a long hair, till his shoulders and had a good beard, literally looking like Jesus Christ. And I mean literally.

"Um, excuse me, can I ask a help from you?" he asked.

"Um, sure. Go on." I replied.

"Oh, thank you, young man. My name is Mike, and I am a priest from the old Church." He replied. Oh, that's why he's wearing that kind of outfit.

"Hello there. My name is Ash." I said.

"Nice to meet you Ash. Actually, I needed a help from you. Can you please help me carrying my sheep to the Old Church? These are quite a lot and I don't want them to go to public, so I wanted to keep them in the Church premises for their safety." He explained.

"Sure, my home is also this way, so I can get there too." I replied.

"Oh, that's great. Thank you young man." He said, to which I made a small smile. He went to the driver seat, and I sat beside him on the passenger seat. He started the truck and started moving towards the Old Church.

"So, Ash, right?" he asked to which I nodded in reply.

"What you do? You have a business?" he asked.