| Part XI: The Skeleton in the Closet |

━━ 🏐 🏐 🏐 ━━

"Hmm..." Nana watched them both, but Sugawara especially, intently. That bit of crimson colored residue that stained both his bag and the back of his hand. The back of his trembling hand.

Now, that alone wasn't enough to draw much attention, but Sugawara had been.. uninjured. In fact, he almost seemed... tranquil. It was as though he'd reached his sought after oasis while standing there, holding both (Y/N) and the box of chocolates he received.

I mean, love can sure make you forget the pain... but this was different. 

Nearly turning my head the opposite direction, regrettably, I just barely managed to capture that infatuated, lovestruck look he'd been giving (Y/N). His eyes weren't only wide, but blossoming with transparent fondness towards her. 

Immediately... I felt chilled. To not only my core, but down to the very flame of my being; my soul. I was unnerved by this, and instinctively turned tail towards the crosswalk. 

It wasn't any of my business. It really wasn't. 

━━ 🏐 🏐 🏐 ━━

So why? Why am I lagging behind them this morning, instead of approaching her like usual? It's uncharacteristic of me, but I can't help myself. I need to study this primal animal. 

Although... What good is it if I only watch? Quickening my tempo, I stepped after them both, pursuing both them and my footprints. I've always had a keen nose for filth, and now, I feel like Sugawara may be smothered by it. 

"(Y/N)! Sugawara! Good morning!" Smiling towards them both after I'd so rudely sandwiched myself between them and their conversation, I glanced at (Y/N), then Sugawara. 

She nodded towards me, awkwardly smiling as though I'd interrupted something personal. "Nana! Hi! Good morning." She smiled, per usual.

Her smile was always so vibrant and luminescent, even on the earliest of mornings... She's so hardcore. "Good morning." I turned my eyes back to Sugawara, flashing a half-hearted smile.

Definitely wasn't... the look I was expecting from him. It wasn't the look of obvious hostility, but you could definitely sense his aggravation if it were directed towards you.

His eyes weren't wide, but half-lidded. Still, it was enough to make every hair on my body stand on it's ends... "Suga--"

Blinking, (Y/N) smiled once more and fanned Airi over, slowing in tempo in order for her to catch up. "Good mor..."

I ended up tuning her out as I looked back to him. The person who'd now been intensely glaring at me. "...Did you hurt yourself yesterday?"

"..." This question alone noticeably raised a few alarms in his head. Glancing towards (Y/N) over his shoulder, he continued to walk. Bingo.

"...Why does it matter to you? What do you need?" Suspicious Nana is suspicious. My eyes narrowed into his direction. It took me a moment to weigh around my actions in my mind a bit-- then before I knew it; I'd snapped to grab his hidden hand.