ㅣPart VIII: Fly, Right?ㅣ

━━ 🏐 🏐 🏐 ━━

Funny, isn't it? Just a few minutes ago, she was swearing at you, busy being too blinded and fueled by humiliation and anger to ever really-- second guess how loud she were. Honestly, I never thought I would have been able to silence her and that vulgar mouth of hers.

Here is how things started...

After watching you leave, I listened as Kauri throw her tantrum for quite a while, leaning against the cold wall. She looked pretty pitiful and defeated. It's what she deserved.

Eventually, she started weeping. I couldn't help but feel laughter bubble and writhe within me, which then emitted from my lips seconds later. Stifling it, my hand was held over my mouth.

"I-Is someone there..? Come out, right now!" Kauri demanded. Her sadness wasn't enough to satiate my desire for more tormentation, and so, this was my cue to come out of hiding. Stepping from around the corner, I rubbed the back of my head.

I had to pretend as though I knew nothing, which did bother me. Awkwardly smiling, I looked at Kauri. "Sorry, I was just passing by when I heard yo--" Pausing, I wore genuine concern. "Kauri, you're crying... What's the matter?"

She then used her hands to frantically wipe her eyes as I asked this, and turned away, ashamed. "S-Sugawara! Sorry, I didn't know it was you." She again sniffled, smiling just barely. "I wasn't crying! It's-- it's nothing..."

Nodding my head, I temporarily averted my eyes. Things had gone awkward, briefly. Though eventually, my voice resurfaced. "I don't know what happened, but I hope you're alright." Smiling, I stepped closer, just until I was a few feet from her.

I had an issue to press with her, but she brought about a new topic of her own, to my surprise. With her hand clenching her uniform, she began to utter out incoherent words. I didn't neglect to notice the pink in her cheeks.

"Ah..." Awkwardly chuckling, I lowered my eyes. "I don't really understand."

Both frustrated and humiliated, the ravenette began to close the gap between the both of us. She was very quick. So much so, I was caught off guard. With widened eyes, my hands reached for her shoulders.

Just before she could connect my lips with her own, I pulled her away from my figure. I wore vibrant disgust, confusion, detestation. Frowning, my dark hues settled on her.

"S-Sorry... Sugawara. I just.. really lik--!" I already had enough. I was unable to listen to that nonsense any further.

In an instant, my hand snapped to grip her neck; fingers tightening, threatening to crush her windpipe. I scoffed, laughing sadistically. "Who do you think you are?"

As expected, the tone in her voice changed drastically. It grew much more fearful. "...H-hey.. I can't... breathe..!" She whispered out.

"For a while, you've been trying to nab me, manipulate me, seduce me. And I should let you know..." My hand tightened and tightened, just until I weren't able to hear her pleads any more.

"..I'm not interested in a person like you in the slightest. You are incomparable to (Y/N)." I occasionally eased up on my hold, just so she wouldn't pass out on me. She was beginning to break, and so my bloodlust developed.