Chapter 3: You Make Me Weak

Silence... it was painfully silent.

Dream knew something was wrong, but a fogginess plagued his mind.

 He was unable to recall any of the past events that may have led him to this seemingly foreign location.

Dream sighed, trying to calm his racing heart. 

A feeling of helplessness beginning to engulf him, a feeling he despised. He turned his attention to his surrounding trying to find any clues he could gather with his loss of vision.

The feeling of a coarse cloth irritated the skin on Dream's face. The sensation of a rope binding his hands together so tightly it burned him to the point of numbness.

He shuffled quietly while trying to remember any information that could possibly help him. 

Then it hit him...

All the memories that were previously obscured by his state. The cave, the hunters, the boy, the bloodshed. 

Everything came back to his mind causing his heart rate to rise once again.

He rocked his body weight forward urgently trying to force himself into a sitting position. 

He froze at the sound of movement near him. The sound of a male's voice chuckling to his right filled his ears. 

"Look who finally woke up! How was your rest sleeping beauty?" Sapnap said a venomous tone laced his words.

Chills went down Dream's spine as the cloth that previously obscured his vision was removed.

His eyes adjusted to the soft glow of moonlight that lit up the forest scenery around him. As he scanned his surroundings he noticed an old fireplace, a couple of small tents, and the glow of a lantern sitting on top of a furnace.

"Hey asshole, are you done sightseeing?" Sapnap said rolling his eyes and grabbing his axe as he stood up.  

Dream remained silent, an emotionless expression played on his face.

"Not much of a talker when you are at a disadvantage I see..." a smirk found its way to Sapnap's lips. 

"If I am being honest I thought the 'Almighty Tormentor Dream' would be more of a challenge to capture." 

Sapnap inched closer, something he only had the guts to do because he knew Dream was trapped. Anger filled Dream creating a fire within him. He hated this feeling of being powerless.

"It seems you aren't as powerful as we all thought you were... you're actually quite weak" The raven-haired boy taunted him. His words were like gasoline they fed the fire only growing the anger Dream currently harboured.

Although angry Dream kept his emotionless appearance refusing to show weakness to the boy that stood before him. 

As Sapnap opened his mouth to continue his taunts Dream used his legs to kick Sapnap to the floor, catching the hunter off guard.

The axe that had previously been in Sapnap's hand had fallen to the ground next to Dream, allowing him to use the sharp blade to free his wrist and ankles from the ropes.

Sapnap's eyes filled with fear as he cursed under his breath.

 Dream broke into a malicious grin, his eyes clouded with a crazed bloodlust as he gripped the axe in his hand. He slowly walked over to the terrified hunter teasingly swinging the axe close to the boy's neck.

"Someone help me!" Sapnap yelled urgently, fear and adrenaline filling his body. 

Dream only continued to swing the axe.