𝗜𝗜

The wet ground seemed to suck in their feet deeper and deeper with every step. The bloodlust and distant screaming was the motivation to keep on running, and whatever happen, never to fall back.

"Gon, Aph. Let's move up."
"That's right, we don't want to loose sight of Satotz!"
"I'm more concerned about putting some distance between us and Hisoka.", Killua mumbled with furrowed brows. It was clear he was feeling uneasy with the magician's bloodlust seeping through behind them.

"Leorio! Kurapika! We're moving to the front!" Multiple sharp glares and a head bonk were given to Gon, who seemed confused.
"Don't you feel the tension in the air?!"
"If we could, we would already be there!", Leorio shouted back. He looked like he was doing a lot better than before in the tunnel.

As they quickened up their pace, Gon kept looking behind him.
"I'm a bit worried about the two."
"They'll be fine." Aph put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, but it didn't do much.
"You should be worried about yourself. Let's get going." With Killua in the lead, the three turned back to the front to where Satotz had run off to.

Suddenly, the ground started to shake. Aph was just about to screech because she had stepped in something slimy when a huge jaw emerged from the ground and closed around the three. Her expression blanked as the realization hit in.
"Did that fucker just eat us?"

"Wait! I still need to find my dad!"
"Well, it was nice knowing ya'll."
"My secret candy stash in the closet!"
"Kind of a pathetic way to die, if you ask me."
"All of my green shorts!"
"Is anyone else smelling oranges?"

Luckily, their different ways of coping with the knowledge that they were getting eaten alive were interrupted as the giant frop spit them out. They landed with a splat, Killua relaxed on both feet, Gon face-first, and our dear Aph flopped onto her ass like a limp doll.

"W- huh! I guess we didn't taste well!" Gon tried to hide his previous panic with a nervous smile. He had to jump as to not let his feet get swept away by Aph, who was stiffly rolling on the damp floor in an attempt to get the frog spit off her.
"It was this." Killua pulled out one of Tompa's empty juice cans. What a smart boy.

Aph hissed into the grass. "I knew I smelled oranges."

The white haired boy easily picked both of them up by the back of their shirts like they weighted nothing and kept dragging them until they finally recovered and stopped sulking. The exam site shouldn't be too far away, or at least they hoped so. This was getting annoying. They went on like this in silence for a while.

Aph had her right hand up her left sleeve and happily kept on scratching. After a minute, Killua started cringing at the sound.
"Do you know what lotion is?"
"Wow, does this count as body shaming?"
"I will body shame you if you don't stop that."
"Rude~"
"Oh you want me to be rude?"