𝗩𝗜

♡

This was actually happening.

On the outside, Aph was keeping calm. Her back leaned against Gon's and her head on top of his. A strand of her bangs was twirles around a finger, twirled back, and again.

On the inside she was screaming. Ninja dude (she learned his name to be Hanzo), Pokkle, Gitterackur, her friends and even Hisoka were all voluntarily sitting in the same room without killing each other. Was this a dream? If yes, she would never want to wake up. People were actually getting along for once.

Gitterackur sat in the corner all by himself, ignoring Hisoka who sat a meter away and kept carefully setting card on card, building a house. The rest all sat in a circle, excluding Aph, since she preferred to cling onto Gon.

"Last time we were on this airship, it was completely packed." Leorio started with a troubled expression. "Now with only nine of us on board, it sure feels empty. What that old man Netero was saying before, I sure didn't like the sound of it..."

"First, I'd like to command you on your hard work." Netero stood in line with all the other examiners, eyeing the gathered appliciants. "The ten of you make up all who passend the fourth phase. I'm a little suprised to discover that seven out of the ten are rookies. This year has been extraordinary! On average, one rookie passes the hunter exam every three years or so. But there's something like cycle to those things. After about ten years or so of exams with no one passing... Suddenly there's something like this one where were have so many talanted young appliciants."

"So that makes us the talanted young appliciants!"
'Geez, Leorio sure is confident in himself.'

"You shouldn't say that yourself. For one thing, were haven't exactly passed the exam yet." Kurapika crossed his arms.

"There's nothing to be worried about. We've made it this far; we've just as good as passed this thing. I mean, after all, this is the final Phase, you know. If we've manage to pass it, then we've will become members of the elite society of hunters. Isn't that right, Mr. Chairman?"
'Oh... I blanked after the first sentence.'

"Gee, you sure talk a lot for a ninja."
'He does.'
"The final phase will be taking place in three days time at the Hunter association hotel. Until then, I suggest you try get take some rest."

"Just one question: What's the final phase gonna be?" Leorio voiced everyone's question, the examiners already walking out.

"It's... A... Secret!" The chairman said cheerfully, while waving his index finger from side to side. "Gives you something to look forward to!"

"I wonder what he's got in store for us."

"At this stage, there's no use worrying about stuff like that.", Kurapika answered as if it was obvious.